Edible Image Help - 1St Time User

Decorating By shebellas Updated 14 Apr 2008 , 1:03am by bearcreek350

shebellas Posted 11 Apr 2008 , 10:56pm
post #1 of 5

HELP! icon_cry.gif

I am a dork and got an edible image made at my local cake supply store and didn't ask any directions on how to apply it!

Also, the image is only about 1/4 of the page, can I cut it down or will that mess something up? It looks like it is on some kind of backing...could I just cut it down to the size I need then peel the backing off?

Once I peel off the backing do I just lay it on the cake where I want it?

I'm sorry to ask all these silly newbie questions, but I only have one shot at this!

4 replies
stacyt Posted 11 Apr 2008 , 11:10pm
post #2 of 5

As far as cutting it, I have no clue. But you can put it where ever you want. When I got one, the ladies told me to put it on almost immediately after I iced the cake because that moisture will "melt" the image on the cake. BUT once its on the cake...it's on the cake. There should be a backing on it that just peels right off. Also, she suggested if its a little tough to peel, just stick it in the freezer for about 5-10 minutes. I didn't need to do this but she said it can help. Sorry I don't know about the cutting, I really can't think of anything that it could possibly mess up... but I don't want to give any bad advise.

MnSnow Posted 12 Apr 2008 , 1:31am
post #3 of 5

Yes you can cut them. If you keep it in a zip lock bag it will stay soft. You could always use the extra piece for coloring something with edible markers and apply it.

shebellas Posted 12 Apr 2008 , 2:04am
post #4 of 5

Thanks everyone!

bearcreek350 Posted 14 Apr 2008 , 1:03am
post #5 of 5

You've probably already done your cake, but another tip for next time. I place my trimmed pic in the freezer for a couple of minutes. Makes it super easy to remove the backing paper. Also, I have a little spray bottle. I mist the cake before I place the picture on. I wait for the frosting to crust before I can use a paper towel on it, so I have to re-wet it a bit before placing my photo on the cake.

Quote by @%username% on %date%