Flavors, I Need Flavors!!!

Decorating By ShopGrl1128 Updated 14 Apr 2008 , 12:26am by KoryAK

ShopGrl1128 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ShopGrl1128 Posted 11 Apr 2008 , 9:33pm
post #1 of 13

Iâm so sorry, someone posted a great website to get flavoring not long time ago but I can't find the post.

Can someone tell me again where to get good Strawberry and Raspberry flavoring (oils?) for my buttercream?

Thank you!

12 replies
Sugar_Plum_Fairy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Sugar_Plum_Fairy Posted 11 Apr 2008 , 9:34pm
post #2 of 13

Lorann is a very popular flavoring manufacturer. Many of the members here buy them at Walmart. HTH

ShopGrl1128 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ShopGrl1128 Posted 11 Apr 2008 , 9:51pm
post #3 of 13

Thank you Sugar Plum!!!

Walmart? really? never seen then.
I will try to find them today.

annieliz Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
annieliz Posted 11 Apr 2008 , 10:13pm
post #4 of 13

The Wal Marts in other cities may be different but I know that the Wal Mart here only carries LorAnn flavorings during the holidays. I have been going to Country Kitchen to get mine.

HerBoudoir Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
HerBoudoir Posted 11 Apr 2008 , 11:25pm
post #5 of 13

It takes a little more fussing, but I use fruit puree for fruit flavors. Can't beat the taste.

superstar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
superstar Posted 11 Apr 2008 , 11:50pm
post #6 of 13

I bought quite a few LorAnn oils a while ago, I tried one & it seemed to make my BC very oily. Is it just me? Does this happen to anyone else? I don't use them anymore, which is sad as the flavor is great.

Sugar_Plum_Fairy Posted 12 Apr 2008 , 12:34am
post #7 of 13

I bought three of them at Candyland Crafts in NJ (since I was there for some other items I needed quickly) and I've used them to flavor my MMF. I've also tried them in fillings, but I haven't tried them (not that I can recall) in regular BC and I thought they were great, especially the coconut.

superstar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
superstar Posted 12 Apr 2008 , 1:50am
post #8 of 13

Maybe I will give them another try. Perhaps I used too much. I see it is very highly concentrated. How much do you put in?

Sugar_Plum_Fairy Posted 12 Apr 2008 , 3:23pm
post #9 of 13

Just try a couple of drops at a time. I use a dropper. Luckily I had one left over from my daughter's vitamins when she was an infant (it was never used, it was an extra and was individually wrapped in plastic).

Good luck.

msthang1224 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
msthang1224 Posted 12 Apr 2008 , 9:56pm
post #10 of 13

which is better the lorann oils or her flavorings?

Sugar_Plum_Fairy Posted 13 Apr 2008 , 3:09am
post #11 of 13

Okay, I just checked the three bottles that I have (coconut, banana cream and peanut butter) and they're flavors not oils. My mistake. So the only ones I've ever used were the flavors. I didn't realize that there were two different products.

msthang1224 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
msthang1224 Posted 13 Apr 2008 , 11:07pm
post #12 of 13

Thanks Sugarplum, I heard that the oils are more potent than the flavorings, I could be wrong buti believe so.

KoryAK Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KoryAK Posted 14 Apr 2008 , 12:26am
post #13 of 13

I like Hero brand flavoring compounds, thick and syrupy and made from the real item. I get them from my local wholesaler or you can find them online.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%