Food Handler Certificate Vs Food Manager Certificate

Business By lomikesa Updated 12 Apr 2008 , 2:29pm by janebrophy

lomikesa Posted 11 Apr 2008 , 9:19pm
post #1 of 6

Which one do I need? I am not sure. They are offering both in my local college the food handlers is only $35.00 but the food manager is $113.00.

Can someone help?



5 replies
CNCS Posted 11 Apr 2008 , 9:23pm
post #2 of 6

handlers do all the prep and cooking the manager ususally does all the ordering, shipment checking and managing the business.

Both cover the same material the manager get the certificte and has to teach the handlers what to do from their classes.

lomikesa Posted 12 Apr 2008 , 2:02am
post #3 of 6

So I guess I need the manager's certificate.


sweetcakes Posted 12 Apr 2008 , 2:34am
post #4 of 6

Every one working in the food industry must have a food handlers certificate. A business must have at least one person with a food managers certificate. If you are a one person business you will need the managers cert. If your working at a bakery then you only need the food handlers and they generally pay for the class.

CNCS Posted 12 Apr 2008 , 1:57pm
post #5 of 6

Is it for yourself, your own business or do you work for someone?

janebrophy Posted 12 Apr 2008 , 2:29pm
post #6 of 6

I am a manager, and have my diploma from the University of Guelph. It is required for all of our employees to have a Foodhandlers certificate in order to work in our facility. If you have any questions, I would be happy to help! icon_biggrin.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%