Business By CNCS Updated 16 Apr 2008 , 8:45am by Homemade-Goodies

RobzC8kz Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
RobzC8kz Posted 14 Apr 2008 , 2:23am
post #31 of 34

To quote the great Bugs Bunny, "What a maroon!"

indydebi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
indydebi Posted 15 Apr 2008 , 12:46am
post #32 of 34

My turn! Had an email inquiry today for a birthday cake. She didn't give me servings needed, so I emailed her a few sizes and serving sizes (11x15 sheet, 12x18 sheet, 10" round). Well, the 11x15 serves 35 and the 10" round serves 38. She came back and asked, "Can you make a cake that serves 30?" icon_confused.gif

(Yeah, sure ... I'll just hack 8 pieces out of the 10" round and and we'll be good to go. God luv her.)

I just said it sounds like she needs the 11x15 since the next size down, 9x13, would only serve about 24 and that sounded like it would be too small for her.

And I also answered her other question: no, I dont' do samples for small cakes like that. icon_eek.gif

jenbakescakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jenbakescakes Posted 16 Apr 2008 , 5:57am
post #33 of 34

Ok, my turn!!! (Raises hand up high!) Me Me!!!
Got a call from a woman at 6:00 PM on a Monday wondering if I could do a cake for 30 people and have it delivered by Tuesday afternoon to a town an hour away. Umm, yea that was a big fat no. So she went on to say she also needed a cake for Friday afternoon for someones aniversary, a small event, under 10 people probably and she would meet me halfway. Ok, that's doable. Got all her info, all is good to go. She calls me on Thursday and says that the people having the aniversary will be out of town and "you didn't already bake the cake did you?" icon_confused.gif Umm yes!! She she says to freeze the cake and that she will call just as soon as they get back into town. Never heard from her again.

Or the two college students I met with on Monday that want a graduation cake for over 70 people. State they "have to have a big fondant cake". So I meet with them, bring them samples, try keep on my happy face when they are changing the design every 5 minutes for an hour and a half, give them a price of $330 including delivery. "Well we have to run this by my mom, but I'm SURE it will be ok, cake is a big thing in my family!" Today I got an email, yea mom didnt go for that...they want a buttercream sheet cake. icon_confused.gif That one was my fault though, I should have seen that coming! Live and Learn unfortunetly! Silly me thought you would check out something like a budget for a cake and not waste someones time when their prices are clearly stated on their website. Boy am I a silly one!! icon_lol.gif

Homemade-Goodies Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Homemade-Goodies Posted 16 Apr 2008 , 8:45am
post #34 of 34

Indydebi, how have you managed to make over 10,000 posts on this site and STILL have time to actually bake anything!! LOL

I don't know how you do it, because the things you make are GO-OR-JUS!!! icon_biggrin.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%