Surprise Party For Dad!

Decorating By KaraN Updated 13 Apr 2008 , 8:26pm by KaraN

KaraN Posted 11 Apr 2008 , 8:58pm
post #1 of 9

Help! My dad is turning 70 this year and I really want to do a great cake for him. Probably something tiered....He really loves golf, but I haven't found a golf cake that I really like. Any suggestions would be helpful. I want my family to love the cake and want it to be something different and fun. Thank you in advance everyone!!!

8 replies
CarriM Posted 11 Apr 2008 , 9:25pm
post #2 of 9

OOOHHH, I have a golf bag cake in my favorites that I love... lemme find it... Here it is...

KaraN Posted 12 Apr 2008 , 2:03pm
post #3 of 9

that is pretty great. Thanks so much. I will definitely keep that one in mind. Any other suggestions for me anybody? Thanks

Doug Posted 12 Apr 2008 , 2:13pm
post #4 of 9

cake that looks like golf green.

golfer figure of your dad.

golf cart in the back ground

ball NOT in the hole...

very angry gopher saying very naughty words has just been bonked on head by the ball is now about to use the flag to attack dad.

KaraN Posted 12 Apr 2008 , 2:17pm
post #5 of 9

that is so funny! I was actually thinking about doing a gumpaste figure of my dad. I did fairies before...why not my own dad? Ha Ha. That would be really funny. I get a lot of inspiration from this sight because I'm not the most creative person in the world so this all helps. Thanks

Doug Posted 12 Apr 2008 , 2:26pm
post #6 of 9

variant on my first idea....

dad in golf cart driving away (could be doing a wheely he's in such a hurry)

golf clubs scattered...

the gopher is going to do a javelin toss of the flag at dad!

(run for your life)

could even have at least one or two golf clubs look to have been tossed at cart

KaraN Posted 12 Apr 2008 , 2:28pm
post #7 of 9

I'm trying to picture all this in my head and think about how to translate it onto a cake...hmmm.....

Doug Posted 12 Apr 2008 , 2:46pm
post #8 of 9

sort of like this:

(be sure to add a big sore bump to gopher's head (like in cartoons) and the naughty words are done like the stars and things that stick up on wires -- only they're all "those" symbols used by cartoonists to show characters cursing.

could even add a puff of white smoke (again cartoon style) behind cart to show how fast he's trying to go

KaraN Posted 13 Apr 2008 , 8:26pm
post #9 of 9

I wonder if it would be too difficult for me to create the cart, the gopher, etc. I think maybe some kind of topsy turvy or whimsical cake would be neat too. I don't know....I can't decide!

Quote by @%username% on %date%