Crayon Cake For 3Rd Bday....

Decorating By tinabee Updated 12 Apr 2008 , 7:29am by aztomcat

tinabee Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tinabee Posted 11 Apr 2008 , 8:24pm
post #1 of 4

I have a mom who is having a 3rd birthday party with a Crayola theme for her son next weekend. She requested a stacked cake (I decided on a 12" and 8" to meet her serving needs) with primary colors and a number 3 on top. She said she would like stripes, dots, and crayons incorporated into it in some way. I am having trouble figuring out how to incorporate the crayons into the cake. I was thinking of doing stripes on the bottom cake and dots on the top and then the number three at the top - but I don't know what to do about the crayons........... icon_cry.gif I am planning on icing in buttercream and using fondant for the decorations (blue, red, green, and yellow). ANY help is greatly appreciated. TIA!!! Tina

3 replies
ccr03 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ccr03 Posted 11 Apr 2008 , 8:45pm
post #2 of 4

Easy! Check out this cake.

http://www.cakecentral.com/modules.php?name=gallery&file=displayimage&pid=541233

And instead of the white base frosting, you could do it orange - like the crayola box.

tinabee Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tinabee Posted 11 Apr 2008 , 9:16pm
post #3 of 4

Thanks for the suggestion - that cake is too cute! I never thought about making the crayons that way!

aztomcat Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
aztomcat Posted 12 Apr 2008 , 7:29am
post #4 of 4

I do like the cake above, but I think you can cut them out of fondant and scatter them around the cake along with your dots. On top you can have a crayon writing the birthday message. If you make some a week ahead of time and let them dry, you can also stand some up sticking out of the cake too.

Good luck.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%