Upset With Martha

Decorating By Jmtreu98 Updated 17 Apr 2008 , 5:30pm by AmyKakes

Jmtreu98 Posted 11 Apr 2008 , 4:57pm
post #1 of 19

Martha Stewart recently had a Cutest Cupcake Contest. I know this is going to sound really bad and I am sooooo sorry if this offends anyone, but I was not impressed with the winners she picked!

I know many CC members participated and again, I don't mean to offend anyone, but I think some stunning cupcakes were looked over as winners.

I guess to each his own, but I am shocked as to what wasn't choosen as a winner. Oh well, just my opinion!

Thanks,

Jeanene

18 replies
KHalstead Posted 11 Apr 2008 , 5:05pm
post #2 of 19

are any of them posted on her website or anything?? I'd love to check em' out!!

Jmtreu98 Posted 11 Apr 2008 , 5:07pm
post #3 of 19

Yes, the winners are in a tab to the right of the screen...

Please again understand, my work is nothing to write home about, and I don't want to sound critical. I just didn't agree with some of the picks!

I'm sorry!

geckogirl Posted 11 Apr 2008 , 7:56pm
post #4 of 19

There were 10 grand prize winners and only 5 are listed on the website. On her show she announced 10.

The topic was cute and I think they also picked ones that are on the simpler side that maybe could be reproduced by viewers and not only done by trained decorators.

fondantgrl Posted 11 Apr 2008 , 9:30pm
post #5 of 19

I saw that too... I agree, they were kind of simple and "no brainer" designs.. not to mean in a bad way.. It's designs kids are able to do themselves.. Maybe that was the whole purpose. I didn't know about it 'til now.

AmyKakes Posted 15 Apr 2008 , 3:48am
post #6 of 19

While I realize that no one means to offend - it is a bit offending. I was one of the winners and although I agree that there were many, many other cupcakes that were not only more intricate but maybe even more deserving - I am still proud that my simple design made it and it's never nice to read that what you believe to be an accomplishment is not looked at that way by others, especially here.

Oh well, at least I have yet another cupcake stand!

Jmtreu98 Posted 15 Apr 2008 , 1:15pm
post #7 of 19

To AmyKakes :

I didn't say all the winners were not deserving. If I came across that way I am sorry. Congratulations on winning!

By the way, I actually left you a comment on your picture on Martha's website. I loved the train! When I looked at the winners she posted on Friday your picture was not on the website. I didn't know you had won.

This post came across the wrong way. I am truely sorry I ever started it!

AmyKakes Posted 16 Apr 2008 , 4:44am
post #8 of 19

No need to be sorry - I was being a bit "touchy" and I didn't need to be pissy in my post or even post at all. I really do agree that literally hundreds of amazing cupcakes were passed over.

Jmtreu98 Posted 16 Apr 2008 , 2:58pm
post #9 of 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by AmyKakes

No need to be sorry - I was being a bit "touchy" and I didn't need to be pissy in my post or even post at all. I really do agree that literally hundreds of amazing cupcakes were passed over.

Can we just shake hands and be friends?? icon_lol.gif

Again, congrats on winning!

justfrosting Posted 16 Apr 2008 , 9:20pm
post #10 of 19

I thought they were all pretty cute. The daisy cupcake was precious! Congrats!

FromScratch Posted 16 Apr 2008 , 9:25pm
post #11 of 19

I think it was more than just decor too no?? Flavor was taken into consideration. I don't care how cute the cupcake is.. if it don't taste yummy it's no good. icon_smile.gif

kendraanne Posted 16 Apr 2008 , 11:03pm
post #12 of 19

Amy, congrats!! That's wonderful!! You must be thrilled!!!

FromScratch Posted 16 Apr 2008 , 11:15pm
post #13 of 19

Yes.. Congrats Amy!!!! It's quite an honor!

lorrieg Posted 16 Apr 2008 , 11:22pm
post #14 of 19

They all look wonderful! And delicious. I can't even imagine having to choose winners from however many entries they got.

The babies in the surf are sweet. How do you guys come up with these ideas? I love the daisies too.

The golf ball looks like a piece of chocolate.

Amykakes how do I see yours? I could only find the slideshow with finalists and winners but didn't see a train. And I'd love to see/read comments if possible.

AmyKakes Posted 16 Apr 2008 , 11:44pm
post #15 of 19

Thanks so much guys! I was just excited to have my cupcake on tv! icon_smile.gif

I actually won with the Daisy cupcake... I apparently was not supposed to enter the train. Both are in my pics though. I don't think you can read the comments anymore on Martha's site... at least not anywhere I could find.

Jmtreu98, thumbs_up.gif

kwdonlon Posted 17 Apr 2008 , 12:00am
post #16 of 19

Dagumit...I can't find the cupcakes on the website or her show. Who, what, where, when??

Congrats, Amy...I love your cupcake!

lorrieg Posted 17 Apr 2008 , 12:05am
post #17 of 19

Amykakes, I can't believe I didn't think to look at your pictures here. icon_surprised.gif

The daisies are so cute. I had daisies on my first wedding dress in the 70's and my favourite wedding cake that I've made was covered in them. thumbs_up.gif

AmyKakes Posted 17 Apr 2008 , 5:30pm
post #19 of 19

Thanks all!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%