John Tesh's Cake Decorating Advice

Decorating By MichelleM77 Updated 13 Apr 2008 , 1:53am by famousamous

MichelleM77 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MichelleM77 Posted 11 Apr 2008 , 4:23pm
post #1 of 12

I almost died! I was listening to his evening show on our local Christian radio station (he talks in between the music, good show) and mentioned a cake decorating quick tip. He said after icing the cake, to use your hair dryer to lightly melt the icing, that it will smooth it out and leave it slightly shiny. Ew. Have you ever looked at the filter in the back of your hair dryer?!?! There is no way I would ever hold that thing up to a cake! OMG! And he mentions frequently how he is a germophobe. Yikes!

11 replies
KHalstead Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KHalstead Posted 11 Apr 2008 , 5:07pm
post #2 of 12

lol......that's funny!!! My DH likes to watch his stuff on t.v. where he plays piano and younger people dance to his music! I would NEVER use my hairdryer near a cake.......can you imagine all the little dust bunnies and such you would get on there.....even with a new hairdryer it just wouldn't be sanitary I don't think!

mommicakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mommicakes Posted 11 Apr 2008 , 5:09pm
post #3 of 12

icon_surprised.gif EEEWWWW!!!!!!

Cool idea though, if you had a hair dryer that you used just for cake stuff, in it's own case, and away from anyone in the family. (i guess).

MichelleM77 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MichelleM77 Posted 11 Apr 2008 , 6:55pm
post #4 of 12

LOL! I don't think I would like his type of music or watch him on TV, but we like listening to him in the evenings (he gives advice, tips, etc.). Most of the time is advice is good, but I think he should stay away from cake decorating. icon_smile.gif

Ironbaker Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Ironbaker Posted 11 Apr 2008 , 7:00pm
post #5 of 12

I read this title 3 times and couldn't stop laughing. I had no idea John Tesh was handing out cake decorating tips. icon_lol.gif

CNCS Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CNCS Posted 11 Apr 2008 , 8:53pm
post #6 of 12

John Tesh????? icon_surprised.gificon_lol.gificon_surprised.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gifthumbsdown.gif

indydebi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
indydebi Posted 11 Apr 2008 , 11:35pm
post #7 of 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by mommicakes

icon_surprised.gif EEEWWWW!!!!!!

Cool idea though, if you had a hair dryer that you used just for cake stuff, in it's own case, and away from anyone in the family. (i guess).

I would bet that Duff has one of these in his cake supply cabinet! icon_biggrin.gif

HerBoudoir Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
HerBoudoir Posted 11 Apr 2008 , 11:36pm
post #8 of 12

Right, but Duff probably has it rigged so he can use it as a flamethrower or the like

fondantgrl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
fondantgrl Posted 12 Apr 2008 , 12:49am
post #9 of 12

If I use this tip, I'll buy a new hair dryer just for this.. icon_smile.gif

Mike1394 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Mike1394 Posted 12 Apr 2008 , 10:35am
post #10 of 12

Did he add you can only use this on BC? icon_lol.gif OMG I can see it now. People having the side of their cake slide off cause they left it one spot to long. Now a puddle of chocolate BC laying on the counter just waiting for a doughnut to be dipped in it.

Mike

amysue99 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
amysue99 Posted 12 Apr 2008 , 10:57am
post #11 of 12

Mike1394 - that is HILARIOUS!!!!

famousamous Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
famousamous Posted 13 Apr 2008 , 1:53am
post #12 of 12

I have heard this tip given out here before.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%