What Piece Of Of Equipment You Regret Buying

Decorating By pinktea Updated 24 Aug 2008 , 11:31am by CreativeGirl220

Gingoodies Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Gingoodies Posted 14 Jun 2008 , 10:17pm
post #181 of 188

My KA 5qt Professional plus mixer. I absolutely hate this thing. It is LOUD and feels like there is no power to it. In my old KA 5qt lift bowl, I can whip heavy cream at a 3/4 setting. On the new mixer you need to push it up to at least 6/8 to get the cream to whip right. Called KA twice and they tell me " It sounds normal" A mixer sounding like a jet engine is NORMAL?. Oh well, live and learn icon_cry.gificon_confused.gif

cb_one Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cb_one Posted 16 Jun 2008 , 8:55am
post #182 of 188

Wintons Large leveler........waste.........of..........money

wgoat5 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
wgoat5 Posted 17 Jun 2008 , 1:09am
post #183 of 188
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gingoodies

My KA 5qt Professional plus mixer. I absolutely hate this thing. It is LOUD and feels like there is no power to it. In my old KA 5qt lift bowl, I can whip heavy cream at a 3/4 setting. On the new mixer you need to push it up to at least 6/8 to get the cream to whip right. Called KA twice and they tell me " It sounds normal" A mixer sounding like a jet engine is NORMAL?. Oh well, live and learn icon_cry.gificon_confused.gif

I feel the same way... My 6 qt. pro. KA makes me made.. I wish I had the 5 qt!!!!!

I have tried to adjust the screw like someone on here said to do but my attachments still scrape a little bit icon_sad.gif ... also it is SOOO loud icon_sad.gif

lovetofrost Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lovetofrost Posted 19 Jun 2008 , 12:44am
post #184 of 188

I just purchased the wilton professional turntable. the metal one that is pretty heavy. I absolutely hate it and am taking it back. it detaches every time you try to pick it up and if I had a cake on it would have lost it. anyone know of a better reasonably priced one? thanks

dydemus Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dydemus Posted 19 Jun 2008 , 7:51pm
post #185 of 188

yep, the wilton leveler - the large one,
the only thing I've successfully sliced is my finger!

airangel0 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
airangel0 Posted 22 Aug 2008 , 6:47pm
post #186 of 188

I actually use my wilton pans.I have little Nephews and the love pick out the pan that their cake will be,I also will be starting School and probally will learn to hate all of my stuff that I bought when I taught myself to use them.I have somethings I bought that I'm like "what the h*** is this for?!?!?"
I went to a cake decorator estate sale she was getting out of the business. icon_smile.gif

aandecakedesign Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
aandecakedesign Posted 24 Aug 2008 , 10:26am
post #187 of 188
Quote:
Originally Posted by dydemus

yep, the wilton leveler - the large one,
the only thing I've successfully sliced is my finger!

OUCH!

I hate mine too. icon_cry.gif I used it once and now it is in my basement collecting dust. I just use a long knife and it works great.

Has anyone been successful in using it? Please let me know how.

CreativeGirl220 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CreativeGirl220 Posted 24 Aug 2008 , 11:31am
post #188 of 188

Wow I love this thread. Thanks to yall I won't buy any wilton products except for the pans but not the character pans. I never had a problem with the pans. I have the leveler and it hasn't been a problem for me I feel like you just gotta use it very slowly and carefully. The embosser set I brought that but on sale but I will be taking that back tomorrow.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%