Best Instructional Dvds Or Other Resources?

Decorating By Bellatheball Updated 15 Apr 2008 , 7:41am by Sugarflowers

Bellatheball Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Bellatheball Posted 10 Apr 2008 , 6:36pm
post #1 of 10

Could you all tell me your favorite resources for cake decorating? Are there particularly great DVDs out there, for instance? I've read most of the articles here and love Aine2's youtube videos. Are there others out there as well?

THanks in advance!

9 replies
Mel1965 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Mel1965 Posted 10 Apr 2008 , 11:14pm
post #2 of 10

Sugarshack (Sharon Zambito, SugarEd productions) has AWESOME DVDs on icing cakes smoothly, and I just ordered her new one on stacking cakes. She also has a new one on fondant...they are worth every penny! My 5-year-old son was even enthralled with the smooth icing one!! I know others here on CC would highly recommend them also. Wilton has some, but I have not seen theirs, although I have one, but it's on video so have not viewed it. I'm like you....I want to check all the resources I can to get better at what I do!

woodthi32 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
woodthi32 Posted 10 Apr 2008 , 11:43pm
post #3 of 10

Ditto on Sugarchack. INDESPENSABLE. An absolute must have..........

tiggy2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tiggy2 Posted 10 Apr 2008 , 11:47pm
post #4 of 10

Sugarshack all the way. You won't be disappointed!

Price Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Price Posted 10 Apr 2008 , 11:48pm
post #5 of 10

I have both the Fondant and Buttercream Icing DVDs by SugarShack. I love them both. I am anxiously waiting for the Stacking DVD! I highly recommend her DVDs! thumbs_up.gif Very informative, easy to follow and understand. I also think Aine2 is amazing. Just wish I could go to Scotland for one of her classes!!! icon_smile.gif
Her youtube videos are great!

vteventrider Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
vteventrider Posted 11 Apr 2008 , 12:00am
post #6 of 10

Like everyone else...Sugarshack. They are the best! I also like aine2's videos on-line.

TooMuchCake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TooMuchCake Posted 11 Apr 2008 , 12:11am
post #7 of 10

If you like making gumpaste flowers (or would like to learn) Sugarflowers (Michele Foster) has a gumpaste DVD out. You can get it at www.lickthespoonproductions.com

Deanna

sugarshack Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sugarshack Posted 11 Apr 2008 , 12:24am
post #8 of 10

For learning to scultp the most precious little animal cakes you MUST have Precious Pets at www.prettytreats.com

Bellatheball Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Bellatheball Posted 11 Apr 2008 , 4:32pm
post #9 of 10

Thank you everyone! I'm off to look at these sites.

Sugarflowers Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Sugarflowers Posted 15 Apr 2008 , 7:41am
post #10 of 10

I don't have sugarshack's DVD, but I've read a lot of good comments about it. I do have Precious Pets, and I must say that it is fantastic. Deanna does a great job of making adorable cakes look so easy to make and she does it with basic tools!

The DVD that I have shows you how to make roses, carnations, pulled or finger flowers, baby's breath, small leaves, ruffles, and a striped bow. Since I didn't have a lot of money when I first started I had to improvise how to make things. I show some of this in the DVD.

As for books, Alan Dunn, Nick Lodge, and Leslie Herbert have some of my favorite books. They are all wonderfully helpful.

Good luck.

Michele

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%