Gumpaste Ballerina Slipper, Help!

Decorating By kiddoscakes Updated 10 Apr 2008 , 5:57pm by Bellatheball

kiddoscakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kiddoscakes Posted 10 Apr 2008 , 3:43pm
post #1 of 3

I made a gumpaste ballerina slipper yesterday to go on a cake for Saturday. I showed my friend and purchaser of the cake and she loved it, but it is cracking. Does not look nice and smooth anymore, anyone have any tips?
This is my first time with gumpaste so really any tips would be great, I figured this was just a dry run but I would like to make the "real" thing today.
Thanks
Holly

2 replies
yellot Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
yellot Posted 10 Apr 2008 , 5:19pm
post #2 of 3

I wish I could hep you, I had the same problem with it.. Made a little person and by the time it had dried it looked like a wrinkled 104 year old and the bent legs craked off...LOL. I made my slippers out fondant and they turned out great. The fondant was a little soft so I stuffed them with klenex so they would hold their shape while they dried. Hope that helps. I've seen people do them from cold percelain as well, the recipe is on here.
Good luck icon_rolleyes.gif

Bellatheball Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Bellatheball Posted 10 Apr 2008 , 5:57pm
post #3 of 3

I am absoultely NO expert having used gum paste once. However, I thought I read here that adding a little gylcerine to gum paste keeps it smooth. Maybe someone else will chime in with specifics.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%