Difference Between A Whip Cream And Bc?.....................

Decorating By abed Updated 10 Apr 2008 , 5:39pm by xswizit1

abed Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
abed Posted 10 Apr 2008 , 1:13pm
post #1 of 4

I have some fondant accents to put on the side of the cake, the customer is requesting a whip cream frosting, can this work? Or do I have to use bc for the frosting? Help!!!

3 replies
cake-angel Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cake-angel Posted 10 Apr 2008 , 5:15pm
post #2 of 4

Whipping cream based icing tends to be too high in moisture to have fondant applied to it. It can dissolve the fondant and cause colors to run everywhere. It may also not hold the weight of the fondant piece. Your best bet would be a buttercream. If your customer wants a lighter icing than the icing sugar/butter thype icing you could try a meringe based icing like italian meringue buttercream.

kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 10 Apr 2008 , 5:21pm
post #3 of 4

As cake-angel said, whipping cream based icings are very high in moistureicon_sad.gif Non-dairy whipped creme icing (Rich's Bettercreme; Frostin Pride; Pastry Pride) are not as moist but still not great for fondant accents.

xswizit1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
xswizit1 Posted 10 Apr 2008 , 5:39pm
post #4 of 4

I have done it before, using Rich's Bettercreme, but I had to use toothpicks to hold up the pieces until the icing set a little. The accents were just little, flat fish.

That being said, it was a cake that was just for my family and I wouldn't do it for a paying customer or with big pieces of fondant.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%