What Is Your Favorite Addition

Decorating By hwnhulahands Updated 10 Apr 2008 , 1:50pm by hwnhulahands

hwnhulahands Posted 10 Apr 2008 , 11:43am
post #1 of 8

I was looking at my wilton cupcake magazine and seen you can add things and flavors to your cake mix such as extracts, coconut flakes, sprinkles, pecans, etc. What is your favorite or what is the most requested by your customers? And what is the best frosting that goes with that cake?

7 replies
Howiesmom Posted 10 Apr 2008 , 11:49am
post #2 of 8

well my most requested cake is the white almond sour cream cake with the crusting cream cheese icing. i sell SOOOOOOOOOOO many of that cake.

Ellistwins Posted 10 Apr 2008 , 11:54am
post #3 of 8

I mostly bake for childrens parties, so I will add maybe some banana essence or caramel essence. If I bake a chocolate cake, I love to put in a bit of hazelnut chocolate spread (in the icing too), but other than that, i'm baking boring cakes.

vickymacd Posted 10 Apr 2008 , 11:58am
post #4 of 8

Is this the cream cheese icing you are referring to? Found this on the recipe site on CC. I've never tried it. Since I love white cakes, my favorite is the WASC cake as well, WHEN I have all the ingredients! I like to add things to chocolate cakes such as chips, coffee, choc. syrup, etc.

1 cup butter, softened
1/2 cup solid vegetable shortening
1 pound cream cheese, softened
1 tablespoon clear vanilla extract
3 1/2 pounds sifted confectioner's sugar
1/2 teaspoon salt

mgdqueen Posted 10 Apr 2008 , 12:01pm
post #5 of 8

I get a lot of orders for French Vanilla/strawberry swirl. I make a white cake using French Vanilla coffee creamer and take about 1-2 cups of the batter out. I mix it with strawberry all fruit and put a little red color to make it brighter, then swirl it into the white. It's pretty and tastes really good. I usually make a French Vanilla buttercream for that cake.

I do a lot of chocolate chip pound cakes too. I just fold mini chips into my poundcake batter before baking.

hwnhulahands Posted 10 Apr 2008 , 12:18pm
post #6 of 8

Those sound so yummy. Anything else anyone has tried and liked or get alot of requests for?

hwnhulahands Posted 10 Apr 2008 , 1:10pm
post #7 of 8

Has anyone tried putting coconut flakes in white cake with either buttercream or MMF?

hwnhulahands Posted 10 Apr 2008 , 1:50pm
post #8 of 8

What about putting flavors in white cake mixes? Does that taste good or will it have a funny taste to it?

Quote by @%username% on %date%