Cake Idea Needed For Sports Banquet Which Includes

Decorating By wgoat5 Updated 14 Apr 2008 , 9:48am by wgoat5

wgoat5 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
wgoat5 Posted 10 Apr 2008 , 11:41am
post #1 of 7

basketball, tennis, cheerleading AND a sport called speed stacking (where kids stack special cups at high speeds)

I want to do a stacked cake. Needs to feed around 150 people.

Thanks for your help

(oh yes the only color they have is royal blue and white icon_twisted.gif )

Just need some different ideas on this one!

6 replies
KHalstead Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KHalstead Posted 10 Apr 2008 , 11:51am
post #2 of 7

you need to serve 150 with 4 different themes........why not do each tier a different theme??? 4 tiers would probably be about right for that many people! Do you know which one is the most popular?? You could have that be the top tier.....like a cup for a topper, a basketball, etc.

minorfan Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
minorfan Posted 10 Apr 2008 , 12:03pm
post #3 of 7

ok here goes with my idea.

Make a tall set of cakes that look like a large(tall) blue and white bucket or basket that is holding the basketballs, tennis ball and stacked cups on top.

Make it look like what every they carry all these items in if it is something special. Use there colors and logo on the basket/bucket/bag that they carry them in.

kmk Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kmk Posted 13 Apr 2008 , 10:17pm
post #4 of 7

Here's a thought.

I've heard if you take styrafoam cups and put them in the microwave they shrink? they could be used for the top tier stacked up like 3 then 2 and then 1 and on the top cup put the Basket ball , on the second layer of cups put a tennis ball and a pom pom.

The top tier of cake could have fondant cups decoratomg all around the sides. with a timer on each quarter of the cake.

the second cake could have tennis lingo like fault etc. luv/luv and tennis raquets and tennis balls

the third cake could have cheerleading lingo and pom poms. Perhaps words to a favorite cheer.

the bottom cake could have basket balls and nets with basketball lingo like their play names (My daughter had a play named Goofy I and Goofy II. Obviously you'd have to get some info from the coach.)

You could even put each kid's name on each layer.

Sounds like quite the challenge.

wgoat5 Posted 14 Apr 2008 , 2:17am
post #5 of 7

KMK that sounds very good!

Do you know anything about this speed stacking thing?

I think what I had been thinking about was doing "shadows" if you know what I mean.. Let me try to explain... the black shadows of the sports...

like the basketball, cheerleading and tennis... the logo for the speed stackers are the Thorobreds.. it's a running horse.. so I'd do a black fondant/gp shadow of the running horse... Maybe on each Shadow the names... or on wires coming out of the cake the names of all that are being honored?

I'm going to copy and paste your idea though if you don't mind icon_wink.gif

icon_biggrin.gif

I LOVE CC AND the people icon_smile.gif

Thanks again icon_smile.gif

Christi

kmk Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kmk Posted 14 Apr 2008 , 9:45am
post #6 of 7

I don't know much about it, but I did see a a few minutes of a contest on T.V. once. They were timed. They sell these stacking cups at toys r us or Walmart I think. Maybe you could look at that and get some more ideas.

Karen

wgoat5 Posted 14 Apr 2008 , 9:48am
post #7 of 7

Thanks Karen icon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%