Anyone Has Any Tips On Making A Fondant Train?

Decorating By serenelui Updated 11 Apr 2008 , 9:17am by playingwithsugar

serenelui Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
serenelui Posted 10 Apr 2008 , 10:35am
post #1 of 6

Hi all.. does anyone know if there is any tutorial or whether there are any tips to making a fondant train? or a train made out of fondant?

5 replies
KHalstead Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KHalstead Posted 10 Apr 2008 , 11:55am
post #2 of 6

can't really help you....but I found this where a little kid made one out of clay...looks pretty good too!!!

http://atrainkid.blogspot.com/2008/02/making-clay-steam-train.html

playingwithsugar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
playingwithsugar Posted 10 Apr 2008 , 12:00pm
post #3 of 6

How large do you want to make the cars?

I wouldn't do them in solid fondant. I would eoll out the fondant, cut panels (as you would to make a gingerbread train) and glue them together with RI or sugar glue.

Theresa icon_smile.gif

KHalstead Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KHalstead Posted 10 Apr 2008 , 12:06pm
post #4 of 6

yeah, or rice krispie treats and then cover with bc and fondant.....unless it is going to be little?

serenelui Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
serenelui Posted 10 Apr 2008 , 3:03pm
post #5 of 6

Hi all, playingwithsugar, i probably dont wanna do it too big.. and your idea sounds great.. do you know where i could find a gingerbread train template?

KHalstead.. i actually haven't ever tried molding rice crispy treats and i do actually want to make it small.. so probably won't try the rice krispie treat first icon_smile.gif haha.. i'm actually a bit intimidated by using rice krispies icon_smile.gif

playingwithsugar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
playingwithsugar Posted 11 Apr 2008 , 9:17am
post #6 of 6

Send me a PM with your e-mail address. I tried attaching coloring pages which you could cut apart for templates, but the documents are too big.

Cut out the train parts individually, then shape where necessary, allow to dry. Then assemble with sugar glue. I would not use RI for something as small as you are describing.

Use the sugar glue sparingly, as too much will soften your paste.

Theresa icon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%