Horton Hears A Who Cake

Decorating By armywife2003 Updated 10 Apr 2008 , 10:36am by karenm0712

armywife2003 Posted 10 Apr 2008 , 4:13am
post #1 of 3

Im new here, this is my first post.

My daughter is turning 4 next month, and has requested a Horton birthday cake. Normally I go to Walmart and grab one. But this is not going to be easy to find.
I like to bake, but the good Lord did not bless me with the talent to decorate. My best job is a 9x13 pan with little sugar letters and some little blobs that should be flowers! lol If anyone on here can give me a general idea of where I need to look, or what I can do to make her birthday special, please let me know.

Thank you in advance!

2 replies
Leigh01 Posted 10 Apr 2008 , 10:14am
post #2 of 3

I mad e a hefalump cake using the 3D teddy bear pan - why not do something similar and make Horton out of that - you could make him sitting in a field of flowers and holding the clover in his trunk. Could be very cute!

karenm0712 Posted 10 Apr 2008 , 10:36am
post #3 of 3

What about an edible image? They are really easy to work with. If not that maybe make cupcakes and decorate them with a topper of Horton? I would think that you could find both on the internet. icon_biggrin.gif
Maybe you could do a FBCT (Frozen Buttercream Transfer). There are instructions on this site to walk you through the process. VERY EASY!!

Also, if you use the search engine on this site and type in "horton" you will find a couple cakes to give you some ideas.

Good Luck!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%