I'm In Love With Dave Ramsey!!!

Lounge By Anna31 Updated 31 Mar 2010 , 12:47am by JenniferAtwood

Anna31 Posted 10 Apr 2008 , 12:49am
post #1 of 14

Ha! No, not really! I'm in love with my husband. But I DO love what Dave Ramsey teaches. Has anyone else heard of him or been to his Financial Peace University seminars? I've not gone to one but have the boxed kit and watched the DVD's. Really, this has changed my life completely! DH and I don't fight anymore. We have nothing to argue about, life is great! Everything just seems so much sweeter with out money troubles. Life is good! If anyone is going through the stress that comes with debt or is thinking about taking Financial Peace, I highly recommend it! Check out his website @ www.daveramsey.com.

Anna icon_wink.gif

13 replies
Katie-Bug Posted 10 Apr 2008 , 2:04am
post #2 of 14

He is great!!!

I have been listening to him for years, my farther first found him an dturned everyone on to him. Went an saw him live last year, very motivating!!!

indydebi Posted 10 Apr 2008 , 3:15am
post #3 of 14

The man....is a GOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I listen to him every single day. I bought his book. I bought his book for my kids. I'm JEALOUS that my sister is going thru his program at her church and I haven't been able to yet ! icon_cry.gif

I contacted one of ELP accountants here in town, who saw in a nano-second that my last years LLC taxes were filed wrong ... he fixed it, charged me $250 and I got a refund of almost $2000.

Did I mention the man .... is a GOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Anna31 Posted 10 Apr 2008 , 12:46pm
post #4 of 14

Wow, Indydebi! That is amazing! I know what you mean about being jeleous! My Sister and her husband have done the seminars. Her DH actually teaches it at their church! He even got to meet Dave! That would be so neat! We are going to be debt free in 1 1/2 years! Then we are going to take our kids on our first real family vacation. We are going to Disney world! WHOOHOO, and paying CASH!!! icon_smile.gif We can't wait. I guess you just have to get mad, tired of living paycheck to paycheck and sometimes running short. I think we will always live out of the envelopes now. It just makes sense, I love that we have taken control and that we are telling our money where to go. Before it was just gone and we didn't know where it went. DH and I never fought much but when we did it was always about money. Now our marriage is better than ever. Thank you GOD, thank you Dave Ramsey! thumbs_up.gif

Anna

tirby Posted 26 Mar 2010 , 9:02pm
post #5 of 14

I LOVE HIM TOO> funny I never saw these posts before.

KHalstead Posted 26 Mar 2010 , 9:07pm
post #6 of 14

my kids school actually has a whole money management class (forget what they call it) and it's all done on videos with Dave Ramsey LOL

Peaches0624 Posted 27 Mar 2010 , 7:07am
post #7 of 14

Dave Ramsey is fantastic...hubby and I are attending the FPU classes and they are great. It teaches alot of things that I would not of I guess thought of. You should go, it's really worth the money if your serious about it.

osman1989 Posted 29 Mar 2010 , 9:31pm
post #8 of 14

I would highly recommend the classes to anyone whether your having financial difficulties or not. My husband and I unfortunately did not know anything about Dave Ramsey or Financial Peace University over 6 years ago when we had filed bankruptcy & eventual foreclosure...I wish we had because it probaly could have saved us. We are in a better place now financially after taking the course which was offered through my military base for free. It was a very motivational and eye opening course. We have no more debts and just finished paying off my husbands vehicle last month. Now the only thing I have to worry about is maintaining my budget on the "cake" stuff. icon_rolleyes.gif

wyovol Posted 29 Mar 2010 , 11:32pm
post #9 of 14

We've paid off approx. $20,000 in the past 4 years. And that was with DH umemployed/stay at home dad for most of that time. We are debt free except for the student loans at this point. And it feels great! We didn't follow the Ramsey plan exactly, but definitely incorporated the major principals into our budget.

thumbs_up.gif

JenniferAtwood Posted 30 Mar 2010 , 3:06am
post #10 of 14

LOVE him!!!!!! Been through FPU twice. The first time was dragged in the second was for fun. I would go again. Learn something new each time.

tirby Posted 30 Mar 2010 , 12:08pm
post #11 of 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by wyovol

We've paid off approx. $20,000 in the past 4 years. And that was with DH umemployed/stay at home dad for most of that time. We are debt free except for the student loans at this point. And it feels great! We didn't follow the Ramsey plan exactly, but definitely incorporated the major principals into our budget.

thumbs_up.gif

Doesn't it feel GREAT!! When my husbands mother passed with out lifeinsurance and we had to use a credit card to pay for things I was done.
It woke me up. I decited my husband worked to hard to be broke, SO 2 years, one income , 3 deaths (all our parents) and a wedding (my son) later, we have paid offover $$50,000 in debt and will be free in 1 year other than the house.
Our goal is to be debt free including the home in 3 years...
I LOVE BEANS AND RICE!!!!

misserica Posted 30 Mar 2010 , 9:30pm
post #12 of 14

I saw this thread and started looking into Dave Ramsey. The plan sounds so positive. I have a question though for you, those of you who use the "envelopes", do you not direct deposit your paychecks, cash them instead, and fill the envelopes?

I am looking into the "irregular income" section now because that is where I am at so I am just curious as to how this works for real people. (I know the people on his site are real but you guys/gals are more "real" to me)

tirby Posted 30 Mar 2010 , 11:32pm
post #13 of 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by misserica

I saw this thread and started looking into Dave Ramsey. The plan sounds so positive. I have a question though for you, those of you who use the "envelopes", do you not direct deposit your paychecks, cash them instead, and fill the envelopes?

I am looking into the "irregular income" section now because that is where I am at so I am just curious as to how this works for real people. (I know the people on his site are real but you guys/gals are more "real" to me)

We direct deposit but then I just go to the bank and pull out the alloted cash needed and put it in its envelope. Funny because the people at the bank know I dont need their envelopes I have my own.lol
and here is a fun one http://www.facebook.com/?sk=2361831622#!/group.php?gid=5342178593
You Know You Are a Dave Ramesy Fan if...

JenniferAtwood Posted 31 Mar 2010 , 12:47am
post #14 of 14

The best thing is that Tobias and I went to visit him family in Germany last September for three weeks and our vacation didn't follow us home. Yes we saved and paid cash for the entire trip! Used cash and debit cards on the trip. Spent a total of $3100.00 for three full weeks (included everything) We enjoyed ourselves, but were very aware of our money. Did alot of free stuff and stayed at some really interesting places. I think we had a better time than if we would have spent 10 grand.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%