How Do I Get A Hump On My Cupcakes?

Decorating By lish1904 Updated 11 Apr 2008 , 6:38pm by Cookies4kids

lish1904 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lish1904 Posted 9 Apr 2008 , 11:50pm
post #1 of 7

Hi! With the recipe I use, very similar to WASC, I do not get a hump on my cupcakes. And I want to try doing cupcakes dipped in poured fondant but It looks cutest on a humped cupcake. Does anyone have a good recipe for cake that will give me humped cupcakes. Thanks for any and all help! usaribbon.gif

6 replies
just_desserts Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
just_desserts Posted 10 Apr 2008 , 12:30am
post #2 of 7

Try baking at a higher temperature. That will make the center rise.

lish1904 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lish1904 Posted 11 Apr 2008 , 1:40am
post #3 of 7

Thanks! I will give that a try. Currently I only bake at 325.

AKA_cupcakeshoppe Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
AKA_cupcakeshoppe Posted 11 Apr 2008 , 8:49am
post #4 of 7

when i baked at 325 my cupcakes rose way too high AND then they sunk and overflowed all over the place.

i tried a recipe given to me recently and it domes pretty well. If i add more batter to the pan, it still domes and doesn't overflow. i'm in love it.

penguinprincess Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
penguinprincess Posted 11 Apr 2008 , 1:34pm
post #5 of 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by cupcakeshoppe

when i baked at 325 my cupcakes rose way too high AND then they sunk and overflowed all over the place.

i tried a recipe given to me recently and it domes pretty well. If i add more batter to the pan, it still domes and doesn't overflow. i'm in love it.

Would you mind sharing the recipe please-- mine never dome nicely!! Thanks! (I understand if you prefer not to share icon_smile.gif )

AKA_cupcakeshoppe Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
AKA_cupcakeshoppe Posted 11 Apr 2008 , 4:54pm
post #6 of 7

yummymummy posted it here

http://forum.cakecentral.com/cake-decorating-ftopict-579229-.html

let us know how it works.

Cookies4kids Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cookies4kids Posted 11 Apr 2008 , 6:38pm
post #7 of 7

I too am trying to perfect cupcakes but with no luck. I have tried 3 recipes that either didn't dome at all or sank when they cooled. I will try he recipe referred to here in the thread ASAP. Would anyone else who is successful with cupcakes share the recipes that they use? I would like a really dense and solid cupcake that will stand up to different decorating techniques. Thanks for sharing!!!
Lily

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%