3D Chocolate Baby Bottle Mold .. Instructions Please

Decorating By wgoat5 Updated 5 Nov 2008 , 6:27am by Molly2

wgoat5 Posted 9 Apr 2008 , 11:38pm
post #1 of 8

For those of you that have done the 3D baby bottles in chocolate can you tell me how you get the .. nipple color seperate from the ring color ..etc... also how do you join the two halves (I am assuming there are halves, I haven't received mine yet) together and make them look whole?

Thanks again and again and again icon_biggrin.gif

7 replies
Molly2 Posted 10 Apr 2008 , 12:00am
post #2 of 8

is this a pan or candy mold that your asking about?

wgoat5 Posted 10 Apr 2008 , 12:01am
post #3 of 8

Sorry Molly it's a chocolate mold... I ordered the 4 oz and 8 oz bottles

Molly2 Posted 10 Apr 2008 , 12:48am
post #4 of 8

I have the chocolate mold the 8 oz it did not come with instructions but what I did was use a paint brush I first painted the nipple with melted chocolate I colored it a very light peach I then put it in the freezer once that set I painted the rim of the top blue chocolate then I let it set in the freezer then I re painted each area again to make sure their are no open area's you can kind of look to make sure you areas are coved than I poured the white chocolate in the mold but before you do that make sure your colored chocolate it cold and hard so you colors don't mix after it set you can put your bottles back to back by spreading melted peach (nipple Area) your rim color in reim area and white chocolate on the back of you bottles I would wait a day before doing that just to make sure you candy is set I did make one I just don't have a picture yet good luck I hope this helped or at least gives you an idea.

wgoat5 Posted 10 Apr 2008 , 1:05am
post #5 of 8

Thanks a million Molly icon_smile.gif

MRMonroe Posted 4 Nov 2008 , 4:41pm
post #6 of 8

Molly, I am a complete dummy when it comes to molds.

I also have the baby bottle mold and don't understand the instructions.
Can gumpaste be used in these molds? or only chocolate?

Please give me step by step instructions again. When you talk about chocolate, are you talking about candy melt?

HELP, I have my daughter's baby shower in December.

mbelgard Posted 4 Nov 2008 , 8:03pm
post #7 of 8

There are a couple other methods to making the bottle 3d so long as you have a 2 piece mold.

Both involve painting the details first. And you will need strong clips to hold the mold together.

The first method is if you want a solid bottle. You would cut a hole in the bottom of the bottle to put the candy through and fill it that way. You could make it hollow with this method by filling it and sticking it in the fridge for a few minutes and then dumping out the candy in the middle. Then stick it in the freezer until it's completely set.

To make the candy hollow with no holes in the bottom there is another method but it takes a little more time. You can put candy in one side, clip the mold together and then turn it slowly for several minutes to distribute the candy evenly. Then stick it in the freezer until hard.

Molly2 Posted 5 Nov 2008 , 6:27am
post #8 of 8

I just made a baby bottle I didnt take any pictures as I did it but I did take a picture of it when I finished it. The mold I have is a bottle in half side by side I don't cut my molds I work on one side at a time I paint a layer of the color I want to use on my bottle then I fill that side of the mold I put it in the freezer let it harden then I unmold it then I repeat the same process on the othr side of the mold I don't fill it all the way I leave about 1/8 of an inch from the top the I place the hard half of the mold on top of the mold that is not set I place it in the freezer and let it harden together it come out like a full bottle I hope this makes since I will post my pictures soon

Quote by @%username% on %date%