Jam Or Jelly Flavored Cookie Dough?

Baking By MichelleM77 Updated 9 Apr 2008 , 10:18pm by MichelleM77

MichelleM77 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MichelleM77 Posted 9 Apr 2008 , 8:01pm
post #1 of 5

Has anyone made a cookie flavored with jam or jelly? I was thinking of doing this after seeing a post another type of cookie and figured it would be shelf-stable, right? According to Smucker's, jam doesn't necessarily have to be refrigerated, but it lasts longer if you do, so a cookie baked with it would be just fine, right? I'm having a hard time with this one. LOL!

4 replies
bonniebakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bonniebakes Posted 9 Apr 2008 , 8:53pm
post #2 of 5

I've never made cookie dough with jam in it, but I have baked cookies withe jam "centers" (the jam was baked with the cookie) and used fresh jam as a filling in sandwich cookies. Both ways have been fresh for at least a few days...

Interesting... are you thinking of marbling the jam in the dough before you bake it?

MichelleM77 Posted 9 Apr 2008 , 10:04pm
post #3 of 5

Yah, I guess. I just want to flavor the dough somehow and thought that would work. I read somewhere else about someone making cookie dough with fresh fruit pureed and added to the dough and wanted to try it.

nikki1201 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
nikki1201 Posted 9 Apr 2008 , 10:12pm
post #4 of 5

sounds like a very yummy idea! If you attempt anything, please post how it turns out! icon_biggrin.gif

MichelleM77 Posted 9 Apr 2008 , 10:18pm
post #5 of 5

We are moving into our new house in less than two weeks, so it's probably going to have to wait, even though I'm DYING to try it, along with a million other things. icon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%