Cute Boy 1St Birthday Cake

Decorating By khasbargen Updated 11 Apr 2008 , 1:55am by khasbargen

khasbargen Posted 9 Apr 2008 , 6:58pm
post #1 of 13

Hey ladies, first time posting here, but I lurk daily! There are so many cute cakes on here, only most of the really cute cakes are girly! I would like to make a tiered cake for DS's birthday...can anyone help me with ideas? And how to put them together, would be helpful as well!! No themes...just something boyish, fun...I have 3 weeks to figure something out! I'm not a pro by any means, I just love making cakes! Maybe in the future, right?! TIA!!

12 replies
step0nmi Posted 9 Apr 2008 , 7:09pm
post #2 of 13

I just did a really cute fish theme for a 1st was a design that I came with on my own reflecting on Dr. Suess' book "1 fish, 2 fish, red fish, blue fish".

I think if you come up with a theme based off of the things he is most interested in is a great start!

CelebrationCakery Posted 9 Apr 2008 , 7:18pm
post #3 of 13

I just saved this cake today from a is a CC members son's birthday cake. It is made by is a transportation cake...

I know you said no theme but the only other thing I can think is a white or blue cake and with white blue or green accents then...maybe stipes or dots....

CelebrationCakery Posted 9 Apr 2008 , 7:25pm
post #4 of 13

I was just wondering....does he have a favorite toy or stuffed animal? For my daughter's first brithday I made a cake that matched a stuffed toy that she loves...maybe that could work doesn't have to be overly detailed, whatever you feel comfortable doing.

step0nmi Posted 9 Apr 2008 , 7:27pm
post #5 of 13

oh! I'm themes! icon_surprised.gifpps:

Yeah...I would think stripes all over is cute...or even plaid. I like the colors chartreuses green, navy blue, white, and then a baby blue. Those always seem to go well together!

shellzey Posted 9 Apr 2008 , 7:36pm
post #6 of 13

i'm not sure where it is on here, but there is one that has candles all around the edges. VERY cute.

i did an elmo cake that had crayons on it.

if you want it less feminine you could go with triangle, squares etc shapes.

tippyad Posted 9 Apr 2008 , 7:46pm
post #7 of 13

Ice the first tier in a shade of blue. (White seems feminine to me.) Then ice the second tier in green. Add stripes of different blues and greens to one tier then dots to the other. Just my idea...

LeckieAnne Posted 9 Apr 2008 , 7:51pm
post #8 of 13

I don't know if this counts as a theme or not - but how about toys. Maybe baby blocks? The cutest little boy cake I've seen recently (but, sorry, can't remember where) - was a round cake decorated like a drum for the bottom, then a square baby block for the 2nd layer with two wooden dowels with fondant balls on the end to look like drum sticks, and a small teddy bear of fondant on top of that. It's so cute -- I wish I had a little boy to make it for!

khasbargen Posted 9 Apr 2008 , 8:02pm
post #9 of 13

I'm sorry...I didn't mean that there can't be a theme, I was meaning to state, I don't have a theme!! There can be one! Everything I have right now is all light blue, and dark blue, some silver.

As for a favorite thing that he has, he loves his blannie!! That would be great, it has bugs on it, I could do something with bugs! Maybe I'll take that route?! Thanks for that idea.

CelebrationCakery Posted 9 Apr 2008 , 8:21pm
post #10 of 13

That seems perfect...I know it is so hard with the first birthday...they can't really tell you to much as to what they want...but that is just our opportunity to give them what we want!!! But maybe just a cake that matches his blanket, little bugs molded out of fondant in the same colors as his blanket??? How cute, maybe you can have it so the bugs have blankets....this could be soooo much fun!

SugarBakerz Posted 9 Apr 2008 , 8:29pm
post #11 of 13

check out the photos in my gallery, there is primary colored round one that says Noah 1 on it... I did it for DS's birthday last month... it was easy, rather simple, but I got HUGE reviews and have been asked to do this for a girl and 3 more boys.... everyone loves a polka dot icon_smile.gif

step0nmi Posted 9 Apr 2008 , 10:39pm
post #12 of 13

icon_biggrin.gificon_lol.gif I am glad I gave you an idea!

For my little nephew I just thought "What does he like the most/what he thinks is most interesting right now" Only because at one they don't really know! It's always for parents! But...he loved fish and then it just rolled from there!

I think bugs sounds cute! and they can be cute too! Don't forget to make a smash cake! We put cool whip on the top of ours so that he didn't get too sick from the sugar. Then I went and cut little slivers out of it while he was in his chair. This kid can EAT (dad is a big guy) so after I cut the slivers he tried to pick up the other half of the cake and put it in his mouth! IT was soooo hilarious! Just remember to have fun! 1st bdays can be a blast! icon_biggrin.gif

khasbargen Posted 11 Apr 2008 , 1:55am
post #13 of 13

Thank you everyone for helping me come up with some ideas for the bday cake!! We'll see how it goes! But you all gave me a great jumping point!! Thank you!!

Quote by @%username% on %date%