Smbc Help

Decorating By Zombiecakes Updated 13 Apr 2008 , 4:07pm by Zombiecakes

Zombiecakes Posted 9 Apr 2008 , 6:53pm
post #1 of 5

I've got my very first batch of SMBC in the refrigerator right now and I would like to use it to fill a cake for Saturday.

It doesn't have any flavoring in it yet, as my understanding was it is best to wait to flavor right when I wanted to use it.

So my main question is, how do I bring it to useable temperature? Is that room temp?

I want to make it coconut, so I intend to add Coco Lopez cream of coconut. Should I incorporate the cream of coconut while I'm whipping it to useable temp or wait until it's warmed and then add and whip some more.

Or do I need to start with a new batch and add the cream of coconut with the butter?

Thanks to anyone who can help me on this!

4 replies
karateka Posted 9 Apr 2008 , 9:44pm
post #2 of 5

When I've done this with IMBC, I let it sit out for a while at room temp, stir it every so often. Once it's soft enough to use, I add the flavoring.

I have also flavored it right at the end of making it, and stored it for later with no ill effects.

Zombiecakes Posted 12 Apr 2008 , 3:04pm
post #3 of 5

Thanks for the advice!

susieq76 Posted 12 Apr 2008 , 8:58pm
post #4 of 5

I use SMBC and do the same- I let it sit for a bit until I "feel" its the right temp and then I mix. I usually flavor it when I make it- actually, I've never waited icon_smile.gif

Zombiecakes Posted 13 Apr 2008 , 4:07pm
post #5 of 5

I've read a couple recipes that made a big deal about not flavoring it until you were going to use it. Not sure what's behind that, but I'm glad to know it's not crucial to wait. Thanks!

Quote by @%username% on %date%