I Cannot Get Rid Of This Feeling!!!!1

Business By CakeMommyTX Updated 9 Apr 2008 , 10:17pm by mommyle

CakeMommyTX Posted 9 Apr 2008 , 2:41pm
post #1 of 11

I feel like I am forgetting a cake order ,but I can't find one that I have over looked!
I have searched my email, inbox, outbox, draft, everything and I can't find it. I have checked my order spread sheet and nothing, I can't figure it out!!!
It is driving me crazy, the last itme I had this feeling I was right and I had completly forgot and order and I don't want to go through that agian.
I've had this feeling for an entire week now and I'm about to pull my hair out, am I just a crazy pregnant women or have a really forgot something?

Ahhh I'm freaking out! icon_cry.gif

10 replies
costumeczar Posted 9 Apr 2008 , 2:48pm
post #2 of 11

I hate that feeling...If you've checked everything else and you have no record of anything I'd just chalk it up to hormones. I got all frantic and felt like I was forgetting things that were totally crucial when I was pregnant, so I think that goes with the territory. Just make sure you get a little notebook to carry around with you and write everything down, because pregnancy brain is bad...

lovetofrost Posted 9 Apr 2008 , 2:52pm
post #3 of 11

I hate it when I get those feelings. I always put things on my calendar on my phone. I hope that it gets sorted out. It definitely could be the pregnancy. I know I was half out of my time the whole 3 trimester.

TheButterWench Posted 9 Apr 2008 , 4:34pm
post #4 of 11

Can you just bake a cake and base ice it just in case?

And if you didn't forget you can always make cake balls. LOL

ccr03 Posted 9 Apr 2008 , 5:23pm
post #5 of 11

Did you maybe have a quote out for this weekend, but they never booked?

CakeMommyTX Posted 9 Apr 2008 , 6:09pm
post #6 of 11
Originally Posted by ccr03

Did you maybe have a quote out for this weekend, but they never booked?

That could be it, I have about 5 people who where interested in cakes but after I sent them the quote I never heard from them again, so I'm hoping thats it.

Kinda off topic, does that ever happen to anyone, someone is interested in a cake and when you qoute them anything over 20$ they are shocked and then never contact you again?
I had a customer amazed at the fact that a 3-D 57" Chevy car cake (replica of birthday boys fav car) could cost more then 30$ bucks!!! Thats what she had budgeted, she told me no thank you and she would find someone else to make it for 30$!!!!
I'm curiuos if she ever found anyone, oh and she needed it to serve 50, so she is looking for some one who charges 00.60 cents per serving?

ccr03 Posted 9 Apr 2008 , 7:02pm
post #7 of 11

I've had that happen once. She asked about Bratz cakes, I gave her a round about price and even emailed her some pics and never heard from her again.

littlecake Posted 9 Apr 2008 , 8:31pm
post #8 of 11

I hate it when that happens.....and it happens every few months.

As far as scaring people away with prices that happens a couple times a week...no big whoop, not looking to steal customers from wal mart anyway.

DianeLM Posted 9 Apr 2008 , 9:56pm
post #9 of 11

One more thing you can check... your calendar from last year. Any birthdays or anniversaries you did cakes for this time last year?

As for shocking people with price, everyone needs to be educated. I'll bet that 57 Chevy customer graduated with honors. icon_smile.gif

CakeMommyTX Posted 9 Apr 2008 , 10:16pm
post #10 of 11

I give up, it must be the fact that I'm preggo and just scatter brained. I cannot find a single order that I have overlooked. And if there is one then I'll cross that bridge when I get to it.

And as far as the customers go, I have had a rush of people wanting cakes for crazy low prices, under 50$ for cakes that serve anywhere from 30-75 .
I don't know what it is, I'm having to tell people that I just can't help them, and some of the cakes have been really cute ideas.

mommyle Posted 9 Apr 2008 , 10:17pm
post #11 of 11

I mentioned a friend of my mom's in a different post yesterday who wanted a carved horse to feed 10 people, and was hesitant to pay more than $30. Hmmm...
And I had a company call me for cookies (3 1/2" sugar cookies covered in chocolate, in a cellophane bag with a company logo/business card to close) and ended up not calling back when I told them $4.00 per cookie. Hmmm....
As far as forgetting stuff, my baby is 14 months, and I still forget stuff. I think it's lack of sleep at this point. But I just KNOW I need to do something for Sunday, but I really don't know what!!! UGH!!!

Quote by @%username% on %date%