Mmf

Decorating By t00precious Updated 9 Apr 2008 , 11:58pm by toleshed

t00precious Posted 9 Apr 2008 , 9:52am
post #1 of 9

I want to try and make some marshmallow fondant to do some dummy cakes with. What is the best, yummiest, and easiest recipe on CC I should try?

8 replies
bashini Posted 9 Apr 2008 , 10:19am
post #2 of 9

Hi t00precious, there is one recipe in the recipe index. You can try that one. The taste is good too.

DoniB Posted 9 Apr 2008 , 10:27am
post #3 of 9

I know there are several different ones. I've only tried the one with water, flavor, marshmallows and sugar. It's pretty good, and easy, but I have had trouble with it being too dry, and it's a pain to try to work more moisture into it after the fact. icon_razz.gif (I'm still fairly new to fondant, though, so don't let that discourage you!)

I'm going to try Rhonda's Ultimate MMF today... I've read a lot of good stuff about that one, and hopefully it will work better for me. icon_smile.gif

Good luck on getting answers, and I'll be watching too, to see what folks prefer. icon_smile.gif

anitadoskas Posted 9 Apr 2008 , 10:32am
post #4 of 9

I have tried 2 different recipes from the recipe box and have found rhonda's to be the best. It was a dream to work with after the fact, I really loved it and will make it from now on.

Good luck

AJsGirl Posted 9 Apr 2008 , 3:59pm
post #5 of 9

Here's mine:

6 cups mini marshmallows
9 cups powdered sugar
3 tablespoons water
1 teaspoon glycerine
1 teaspoon butter flavoring (or whatever flavor you want)
however much coloring you need

Melt marshmallows with water in microwave 30 seconds at a time until completely melted. Add glycerine, flavoring, and color, sitr in. Pour 6 cups of the powdered sugar and all the melted marshamallows in to your KA with the dough hook attachment, knead until well blended. Add the other 3 cups of powdered sugar, one cup at at time, while the KA is still kneading. Allow KA to continue to knead until fully blended.

I usually don't have a problem with it drying out, and it stays pretty stretchy. The real trick is only blending in the 6 cups of ps first, then the last 3 one cup at a time.

HTH

toleshed Posted 9 Apr 2008 , 4:13pm
post #6 of 9

I do Rhonda's ultimate all the time but for cookies. Love it!

MacsMom Posted 9 Apr 2008 , 4:20pm
post #7 of 9

After several trials, I found this one to be the BOMB!

16 oz marshmallows
2 lb PS
2 T water
- (melt the above) -
add:
1 T glycerine
1 t salt
1 dram of LoRann butter flavoring

You can add another flavor in combo with the butter flavor, but I suggest leaving the butter flavor in no matter what. I've been buying the LoRann by the dozens since I've discovered this. Nielsen Massey has the best chocolate flavor, though. For chocolate (brown) MMF, add 1/4 c of cocoa powder and brown food color if needed.

You have to work with MMF a few times to get used to how it should feel -- not too sticky, not too stiff.

You can add cornstarch if you find you've made it without enough PS (sticky); if it is too stiff, you can microwave 10 seconds at a time or knead in more glycerine or corn syrup if the micro deosn't help.

tasteebakes Posted 9 Apr 2008 , 6:48pm
post #8 of 9

I have a pictorial on my website. Hope it helps!

http://tasteebakes.com/id61.html

toleshed Posted 9 Apr 2008 , 11:58pm
post #9 of 9

Thats great tasteebakes. Thanks

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%