I Am So Furious - Need To Vent

Decorating By Ellistwins Updated 9 Apr 2008 , 11:23am by Ellistwins

Ellistwins Posted 9 Apr 2008 , 6:11am
post #1 of 5

My friend was hosting a babyshower for a friend of us. Initially she said I must bake a cake, but never officialy ordered one or mentioned it again and later on she said that the girls family must order the cake. She is just giving her house for the event. So I told her, I need to make a display cake for a coffee shop, so i'll do the cake, but only for display and then I'll use the cake for the coffee shop.

So I created my very-much-loved bum cake. At the party I asked them again to be careful with the cake for my reasons and I was promised the moon and the stars.

This morning when I collected the cake, part of the blanket was broken off, small finger dents in the cake and I thought, wow, what happened. Nobody even bothered to make excuses for the "accidental" damage.

I just hope that the cake will still do the trick as I didn't have time to fix this and how do you fix it. I suppose with a bit of imagination I would be able too. But my heart is still broken icon_surprised.gif

4 replies
amytracy1981 Posted 9 Apr 2008 , 6:43am
post #2 of 5

I am so sorry and I am angry too for you! People just don't show respect for stuff unless it is theirs. As my husband always say "never lend anything out to someone that you want to get back". I know did get it back but first they decided to poke and prod at it. Then brake it! icon_mad.gif People just don't understand how much work goes into these. I'm sure if you friend had made it herself she would have made sure it was not broken.

Ellistwins Posted 9 Apr 2008 , 9:39am
post #3 of 5

or if she paid for it, it would probably still have been untouched.

bashini Posted 9 Apr 2008 , 10:32am
post #4 of 5

I'm so sorry this happened to you. Something similar happened to me as well. SO I know how you feel. But you know what I did, I told them that someone has broken it and I'm not happy with it. But they didn't do anything about it (actualy there wasn't anything that they could do ). So I fixed it and it was as good as new.

I'm sure you can fix it and it will look gorgeous.

Ellistwins Posted 9 Apr 2008 , 11:23am
post #5 of 5

I told her I would, but she is doing me a huge favor to put it in her shop, so she don't really care. But I will eventually fix it. This was my first display cake and suddenly i'm not so sure if I even want to go that route in stocking up on display cakes.

Quote by @%username% on %date%