Need Something Low Fat... I Think!

Baking By Starkie Updated 9 Apr 2008 , 11:36am by jack109

Starkie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Starkie Posted 9 Apr 2008 , 5:07am
post #1 of 3

Just got an open-ended order from one of the teachers at the school. She's an older lady, and wants something for her lady friends who are very particular about their what they eat. (I sort of got the impression that they are trying to watch their weight.) She definitely wants chocolate covered strawberries icon_confused.gif and possibly some cake truffles icon_confused.gificon_confused.gificon_confused.gif

Anyway, I thought I'd make cake truffles with applesauce to cut down on the fat. Can anyone tell me how much to add? Do you simply replace the oil with applesauce? Drain it or not? Any help (or suggestions) would be greatly appreciated!!! Oh, and diet-wise, what's better for you ~ chocolate or vanilla cake?

TIA!
<Starkie>

2 replies
Starkie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Starkie Posted 9 Apr 2008 , 11:19am
post #2 of 3

Anyone? To be sure someone has made a low fat cake with applesauce...

jack109 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jack109 Posted 9 Apr 2008 , 11:36am
post #3 of 3

I have always used the same amount of applesauce as oil. And as far as vanilla versus chocolate, I just looked at a vanilla cake mix versus and chocolate and the chocolate has more fat but less calories! The vanilla has 180 calories and 30 calories from fat while the chocolate has 170 calories and 40 from fat. So really it is about the same.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%