What Are Girls Wearing To Prom These Days?

Lounge By pottedmeatchunks Updated 21 Apr 2008 , 12:42am by SaraO

pottedmeatchunks Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pottedmeatchunks Posted 9 Apr 2008 , 2:57am
post #1 of 6

Hello ladies, please help!

I'm supporting a prom dress and jewelry give-away in my local community for girls who can't afford their own, and of all things I am put in charge of jewelry. I don't really wear jewelry and I haven't been to prom in 5 years, and honestly I don't think I was in style then either. I want to make sure I am finding good things for them. I found an auction on eBay (item # 270226665863) I'm very close to buying but my sister is saying that "pearls are for weddings". I thought pearls were just fancy but what do I know??? Everything I've collected so far for these girls has been very similar to items pictured in the referenced eBay auction, and 99% of it has come from Claires. Am I totally off base and none of the girls are going to wear pearls? Am I missing some major new fashion trend?? Advice please!! Thanks!

5 replies
michellenj Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
michellenj Posted 9 Apr 2008 , 2:09pm
post #2 of 6

I don't know, but maybe you could go to Teen Magazine or Seventeen's web site and see if any of the models are wearing pearls. I thought pearls were a classic "dressy" thing, but maybe for older ladies.

adonisthegreek1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
adonisthegreek1 Posted 9 Apr 2008 , 3:45pm
post #3 of 6

My daughter will be attending junior prom and "no" none of the girls would be caught dead in pearls. They like tiaras, diamond like hair clips and other cubic zirconia jewelry, crystal or rhinestone jewelry. Bracelets and earrings are a must. A necklace depends on the neckline of the dress.

pottedmeatchunks Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pottedmeatchunks Posted 9 Apr 2008 , 9:16pm
post #4 of 6

adonisthegreek1, thank you SO MUCH for your input. apparently I have been entirely off base! I had been ignoring bracelets for the most part assuming the girls would have a corsage of some sort to take its place. I do have a few tiaras and was wondering if those were popular. Thanks again icon_biggrin.gif

BigTexinWV Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BigTexinWV Posted 15 Apr 2008 , 6:18pm
post #5 of 6

Girls also really like big "bling" rings, mainly in the color that matched their dress. I totally agree with tiarras, and diamond hair clips. In addition, the body jewels are hot.

SaraO Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SaraO Posted 21 Apr 2008 , 12:42am
post #6 of 6

Sparkly bling-bling type jewellery seems to be pretty in style for prom. Anything that sparkes is great. I think pearls can look really good, but rhinestones and crystal are probably going to be more popular with the majority. Here are some jewellery ideas:
http://www.promspot.com/ps_article.htm?Object=A50111100328&subchannel=PROM_YOUR_LOOK
http://searchwarp.com/swa52765.htm

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%