Is My Cake Doomed?

Decorating By buttercreamkisses Updated 9 Apr 2008 , 3:52am by JanH

buttercreamkisses Posted 9 Apr 2008 , 1:52am
post #1 of 9

I just finished a buttercream/pirouette wrapped cake. I went to put it into the cake carrier but it's just a shade to tall icon_cry.gif Can I leave it out overnight-either in a cool place or the refridgerator?

8 replies
Melvira Posted 9 Apr 2008 , 2:05am
post #2 of 9

As long as there is not a perishable filling you can leave it out at room temp (coolish room temp) overnight and it will be just fine!! No worries!!

Ruth0209 Posted 9 Apr 2008 , 2:06am
post #3 of 9

I just wrap my cakes in Saran Wrap and put them in the refrigerator. I don't think I've ever made a cake that DID fit into my cake carrier! Are you worried the pirouettes will get soggy?

lorijom Posted 9 Apr 2008 , 2:27am
post #4 of 9

I never refrigerate my cakes unless there is a perishable filling. In my house with kids and pets I just lightly cover to protect from dust. Don't fret it'll be fine icon_smile.gif

buttercreamkisses Posted 9 Apr 2008 , 2:38am
post #5 of 9

the buttercream is Buttercream Dream from this site-it does have 5T of milk-is that enough to cause a problem if I leave it out?

Melvira Posted 9 Apr 2008 , 2:49am
post #6 of 9

Oh heck no... you'll be just fine!

lorijom Posted 9 Apr 2008 , 2:52am
post #7 of 9

Buttercream dream will be perfect. Somewhere in the forums there is an explanation of sugar to milk ratio and how it keeps the milk from being perishable. All buttercream recipes are fine to be left out for days. I make my large cakes on Thursday for Sat deliveries and they never go in the frig...also the icing seals the moisture into the cake so it tastes perfect 3-4 days later.

buttercreamkisses Posted 9 Apr 2008 , 2:56am
post #8 of 9

yeah! thank you all so much. As soon as I can find my USB hookup I'll post a picture

JanH Posted 9 Apr 2008 , 3:52am
post #9 of 9

Hygroscopic properties of powdered sugar in controlling water activity in frostings:

Duplicate post:

Quote by @%username% on %date%