Help Plz Help

Decorating By CherylAnn Updated 9 Apr 2008 , 7:33pm by shellzey

CherylAnn Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CherylAnn Posted 9 Apr 2008 , 1:39am
post #1 of 4

I have a request for my uncles 75th birthday party cake. My aunt request a 12x18 sheet cake my choice of flavors... for his birthday this sunday. She also request that the other members of the family having a birthday names be included... My uncle is a retired city worker and is a religious man. I would like to make a cake that focuses around him mainly and I would like to do something to make this cake stand in awwwwwwww please help with any ideas of a manly sheet cake for this occassion... Thanks.

3 replies
buttercreamkisses Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
buttercreamkisses Posted 9 Apr 2008 , 2:06am
post #2 of 4

What about work boot prints with the words "He's walked beside me for 75 years" A play on the footprints poem and his job as a city worker.

I would put the names of the other family members on the sides.

kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 9 Apr 2008 , 7:18pm
post #3 of 4

Make that sheet into an open book by cutting a 'v' shape out of the center and curve the ends a bit.
Then make a cross on one side and footprints on the other OR around the bottom of the cross.

shellzey Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
shellzey Posted 9 Apr 2008 , 7:33pm
post #4 of 4

i like the book (bible) idea. you could ask your aunt if he had a favorite scripture or look up one that would apply. i can't think of it off hand but there is one that talks about God giving long life... or you could put one about a blessed life etc.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%