Black Cupcake Liners, Anywhere?

Decorating By prettycakes Updated 11 Apr 2008 , 7:22pm by Ironbaker

prettycakes Posted 9 Apr 2008 , 1:02am
post #1 of 5

I am searching endlessly for black cupcake liners? I have found some with a little gold, but I would like solid black. Any ideas?

4 replies
KHalstead Posted 9 Apr 2008 , 4:27pm
post #2 of 5
Ironbaker Posted 9 Apr 2008 , 5:03pm
post #3 of 5

I was searching endlessly for brown ones a few weeks ago and ended up ordering these at Beryl's:

http://beryls.com/Cupcake_&_Eclaire_Baking_Papers_-_Greaseproof/c219/p6109/DARK_CHOCOLATE_BROWN_CUPS/100_PIECES/product_info.html

They were sooo dark, they really could pass for black. You can see them used in the photo of my cupcakes with the shades of blue. I can't even tell that they're brown...even after baking, they still looked black to me.

Just another option for you. The only other black ones I've come across are the laser cut ones posted above and they're pricey. About a $1. You don't bake in them though, you place them around a finished cupcake baked in another liner.

(they're also listed on Beryl's under "Cupcake Wrappers Laser Cut")

prettycakes Posted 11 Apr 2008 , 7:07pm
post #4 of 5

Thanks for the info. I did see the laser cut ones and decided that they were to expensive. I already priced the cupcakes at $1.00 each and didn't want to loose money on the job. So, this is what I did. I went and bought some black card stock paper (15 sheets for $3.00) and made a template for a cupcake wrapper I cut out 60 of them and for $0.05 a piece, I made my own black cupcake wrappers. Now, I don't bake in them and they only wrap around the side of the cupcake, after it is decorated, but I think it is going to look pretty good.

Ironbaker Posted 11 Apr 2008 , 7:22pm
post #5 of 5

How resourceful! You have to come back and post a picture of them when you finish.

How did you make your template?

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%