Pillsbury Reduced Sugar Cake Mixes??

Decorating By angelcakes5 Updated 9 Apr 2008 , 8:25pm by laurie79

angelcakes5 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
angelcakes5 Posted 9 Apr 2008 , 12:35am
post #1 of 4

I found the cake mix at walmart this past weekend. Its sweetened with splenda. Has anyone tried it yet? I did buy the chocolate and its in the oven right now. I will let everyone know how it turns out. It also says on the box they are making a canned frosting too, which they didnt have available. I hate canned frosting but because my husband in a diabetic I thought this might be kinda nice to make him every once in awhile.

3 replies
ladyellam Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ladyellam Posted 9 Apr 2008 , 4:09am
post #2 of 4

The chocolate cake is much better than the yellow. It's actually got a really good flavour but it doesn't keep well. You start to taste the Splenda aftertaste after a day or so. Hubby is also a diabetic and I feel so sorry for him when he see all the stuff I make and he can't have any.

I think you hubby will LOVE it and it's nice of you to make it for him icon_biggrin.gif

Kathy

angelcakes5 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
angelcakes5 Posted 9 Apr 2008 , 12:48pm
post #3 of 4

He tried the cake last night and really likes it. I was going to try the yellow but maybe I will just stick to the chocolate!! I am not a big yellow fan, for some reason it just doesn't taste right to me. I was thinking my grandma used to make a white cake and pokes holes in it and then pour jello, which I could use sugar free jello and then frost with coolwhip. I think I may try that for something different.

laurie79 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
laurie79 Posted 9 Apr 2008 , 8:25pm
post #4 of 4

I used the yellow for a diabetic cake that i had to make and i thought that it tasted very goood.....

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%