My Fondant Melted!

Decorating By Beebug123 Updated 14 Aug 2005 , 7:29pm by Beebug123

Beebug123 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Beebug123 Posted 10 Aug 2005 , 12:44am
post #1 of 7

Well, I made this Ariel cake for my daughter to smash. I had my cakes in the rear of my Jeep and I had to stop and fill balloons on the way to her party (it was at a park). Well, when I got there and took them out of the car, the whole back park of the fondant "rock" had melted and slid off of the cake. Luckily you can't tell from the pics, and I was just taking the fondant off anyways so it wasn't a major big deal, just a bit disappointing icon_sad.gif In this pic from the side you can see where the fondant was starting to slide down the front too...
LL

6 replies
bubblezmom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bubblezmom Posted 10 Aug 2005 , 1:26pm
post #2 of 7

What a bummer. I learned the hard way last week to never, ever try to frost a cake in my kitchen when it is 95deg and 100% humidity. We have a/c, but the kitchen was still too hot. Real buttercream melts very quickly! My mom's bday is the eng of August. I think she will get a cake served with a glaze and fresh fruit. icon_smile.gif

CakeItGood Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CakeItGood Posted 12 Aug 2005 , 1:22am
post #3 of 7

Oh no! That had to be disappointing. The cake still looks great though! Was it the marshmallow fondant or a store bought?

Beebug123 Posted 12 Aug 2005 , 3:36am
post #4 of 7

I use the MMF. I really love working with it, but NEVER leave in your car in 100* weather with no AC for 20 minutes icon_cry.gif

At least she was just gonna smash it anyways...

Oh I wish I could post of pic of her digging into it. She was so cute and she kept plucking off the jelly bean "rocks" and sucking them down to the jelly part. She could have cared less about the cake icon_lol.gif

kalikw Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kalikw Posted 14 Aug 2005 , 2:28am
post #5 of 7

Hi Beebug,
I could not tell from the picture that the cake had a problem and from the sounds of things your daughter loved it anyway!!!
Karen

melodyscakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
melodyscakes Posted 14 Aug 2005 , 5:34pm
post #6 of 7

i had a cake one time that did the same thing. it was mmf. i think that it was hot and humid, not to mention that i didnt wait for the cake to 100% cool...was in a hurry and it was still a tad bit warm. it all slid off bit by bit, it was gross too, slimy. wont do that again!
melody

Beebug123 Posted 14 Aug 2005 , 7:29pm
post #7 of 7

It was a definate lesson learned! I was afraid to send my husband with the cake though. Knowing how he drives my cake would have ended up in much worse shape icon_lol.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%