White Chocolate W/smbc/imbc For White Scrollwork? Please?

Decorating By Jopalis Updated 9 Apr 2008 , 3:35am by Jopalis

Jopalis Posted 9 Apr 2008 , 12:19am
post #1 of 6

Hi. I am making a Communion Cake for DD. I will use SMBC for the icing. I would like to do some white on white scrollwork on the sides. Not sure what to use for the scrollwork. Don't want regular BC or RI. Could I just put some melted white chocolate in the SMBC and use it for scrollwork? I really appreciate any help. Thank You! icon_confused.gif

5 replies
daisy114 Posted 9 Apr 2008 , 12:24am
post #2 of 6

You could definitely add white chocolate to the smbc but you really don't need to. You could totally make scrolls with just the smbc.

Jopalis Posted 9 Apr 2008 , 1:07am
post #3 of 6

I actually think the SMBC is kind of soft. I chill it here and there when I am piping but wasn't sure about scrolls on the side of a cake. If I add white chocolate, do I just melt it and cool it a little and then add it? Can you just whip it in after the SMBC is done?

daisy114 Posted 9 Apr 2008 , 1:15am
post #4 of 6

I've done piping and roses with it. It does work but like you said, you have to keep chilling it. You can't let it get too warm. After your butter is incorporated well and your smbc is smooth, then you add the cooled white chocolate.

Jopalis Posted 9 Apr 2008 , 1:41am
post #5 of 6

thank you..... Just melted but not hot white chocolate...tempered. I thought about ganache but that wouldn't stiffen it up much. I hope this does...

Jopalis Posted 9 Apr 2008 , 3:35am
post #6 of 6

What does anyone else use for white scrollwork?

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%