How Many Recipes?

Decorating By bafishr Updated 9 Apr 2008 , 12:49am by JanH

bafishr Posted 8 Apr 2008 , 11:47pm
post #1 of 6

I have an 11x15x2 cake pan and can not find the instuctions icon_cry.gif Does anyone know how many cake recipes, what temp. and how long to bake icon_redface.gif

5 replies
kakeladi Posted 9 Apr 2008 , 12:19am
post #2 of 6

that size will use two cake mixes. Bake the same as you would any other cake -- 325 degrees until you can smell iticon_smile.gif Times are just there for a general idea. When it's done you will be able to smell cake. No need for a heat core - flower nails or other. Time is about 30-45 minutes.

diane Posted 9 Apr 2008 , 12:23am
post #3 of 6

i agree...i usually use two boxes for that size pan. the time is about the same as a 1/2 sheet.

sassycleo Posted 9 Apr 2008 , 12:25am
post #4 of 6

You can also go to the wilton website and get the directions for all of the standard pans. Great reference for needing numbers of servings and not having a book around.

Here is the link, hope it helps ya!

dljc Posted 9 Apr 2008 , 12:47am
post #5 of 6

I've used three boxes of the Pillsbury brand; one chocolate, one yellow and one funfetti.

Here is the Wilton chart that lists sheet cakes:

JanH Posted 9 Apr 2008 , 12:49am
post #6 of 6

Here's a link to all four Wilton cake preparation and servings charts for 2 & 3" deep pans:
(Gives batter requirements by pan size, as well as recommended baking temps. and times and more.)
(Sheet cakes can be found in the party cake charts.)

The WASC cake is a doctored cake mix recipe that is very reliable with a more homemade taste.

Here's the expanded flavors recipe:

Using DH white cake mixes each full recipe yields a tad over 14 cups.

Quote by @%username% on %date%