Help Quick! Can I Put Piroutte Cookies On The Cake Tonight..

Decorating By buttercreamkisses Updated 9 Apr 2008 , 4:01am by cocobean

buttercreamkisses Posted 8 Apr 2008 , 11:36pm
post #1 of 3

for an 8 am delivery? The cake is frosted in buttercream-I was planning on The cookies will surround the cake.

2 replies
cakequeen50 Posted 9 Apr 2008 , 3:42am
post #2 of 3

don't know if it is too late or not but you can put the cookies on, just box it so the moisture doesn't get to the cookies.

cocobean Posted 9 Apr 2008 , 4:01am
post #3 of 3

I'm not sure what the last gal was saying about just box it so the moisture doesn't get to the cookies? My experience is, if the cookies are on the cake they start going soft after a few hours. I wouln't put them on until morning. I will be doing a 3 tiered wedding cake for my son in May. Each layer will have those cookies around it. I have made a few trials with a one layer. The cookies were soft the next day after leaving over night. I finally decided to dip the cookies in white chocolate then put them on the cake. This particular wedding is in a greenhouse besides. The white chocolate coating worked wonders. No soft cookies now. There is a picture with my photos. So back to the original question. (Sorry I elaborated a little). I still would not put the cookies on until morning. I guess that would make them harder to stick to the cake though once your frosting has crusted. Any chance you can just crumb coat tonight and frost and stick cookies tomorrow morning? Hope any of this made sense! Good luck!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%