How Do You Get The Colour Fushia Pink (Hot Pink) In Bc?

Decorating By aminaz Updated 9 Apr 2008 , 5:56pm by beachcakes

aminaz Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
aminaz Posted 8 Apr 2008 , 10:50pm
post #1 of 11

basically how do you get the color hot pink? maybe someone can help? icon_redface.gif

10 replies
beachcakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
beachcakes Posted 8 Apr 2008 , 10:52pm
post #2 of 11

Americolor makes an Electric Pink and a Fuschia (which is kind of purple). I'm not sure how else to get it.

diane Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
diane Posted 9 Apr 2008 , 12:37am
post #3 of 11

try bright pink, a little mauve and a drop of blue.

biancas_mommy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
biancas_mommy Posted 9 Apr 2008 , 12:46am
post #4 of 11

honestly i've always felt like any of the wilton "pink" colors give you hot pink! it's hard to get a soft shade of pink with those, it always seems so bright, even if you just use a little. so if you just use a lot of wilton pink would that give you the color you're after?

busymom9431 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
busymom9431 Posted 9 Apr 2008 , 12:51am
post #5 of 11

I also think that the Americolor is the way to go. I used it for the pink color on blue's clues mailbox if you are familiar with that.

panipuri Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
panipuri Posted 9 Apr 2008 , 12:53am
post #6 of 11

Also, Mccormick has a neon pink, that gives you a real good hot pink color - I thought it was better than americolor. Elaine

Bellatheball Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Bellatheball Posted 9 Apr 2008 , 1:16am
post #7 of 11

Wilton has a few pinks. I think their rose is actually very much a hot pink.

aminaz Posted 9 Apr 2008 , 1:39pm
post #8 of 11

but is'nt there a way where i can just mix colors without buying a new colour paste?i've git wilton pink and purple and red and and yellow, is'nt there a way to mix some colors to get hot pink?

cakebaker1957 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakebaker1957 Posted 9 Apr 2008 , 2:05pm
post #9 of 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by aminaz

but is'nt there a way where i can just mix colors without buying a new colour paste?i've git wilton pink and purple and red and and yellow, is'nt there a way to mix some colors to get hot pink?

i had to have hot pink and didnt have anything on hand and needed it really fast i went to my grocery store and they sold me what i needed it was just used for some dots on a birthday cake dont know if this helps or not also Wiltons rose does really good

aminaz Posted 9 Apr 2008 , 3:36pm
post #10 of 11

so what colours do i need to mix to get hot pink??i'm sure someone out there knows please!!!!???? icon_cry.gif

beachcakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
beachcakes Posted 9 Apr 2008 , 5:56pm
post #11 of 11

Well, I suggested Americolor, b/c I have a feeling hot pink is one of those colors you really can't make by yourself.

Here is a link to a Wilton color chart http://www.wilton.com/cake/icing/colorchart.cfm
hot pink isn't on it icon_sad.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%