Freezing Cupcakes

Decorating By mcdonald Updated 9 Apr 2008 , 7:01pm by cerobs

mcdonald Posted 8 Apr 2008 , 8:39pm
post #1 of 7

Anyone have any tips on freezing cupcakes (not frosted)?? I usually wrap each one individually and then slip them in a big baggie to seal. Anyone else have any better ideas??

6 replies
awolf24 Posted 8 Apr 2008 , 8:48pm
post #2 of 7

I've done it before and put as many as I could fit flat in a Ziploc bag. It worked pretty well w/out having to wrap each one individually.

Bev55 Posted 8 Apr 2008 , 9:02pm
post #3 of 7

I had to do that the other day. I just took one of my rectangular cake pans and placed the cupcakes in them. Then I covered them with wax paper. Then I covered them in aluminum foil. The cupcakes were fine when I used them.

mcdonald Posted 8 Apr 2008 , 9:36pm
post #4 of 7

yall's way sound much easier than mine!! I will give it a try!!

Thanks!! I think you saved me some time and will still be able to have a good tasting cupcake!!

cerobs Posted 9 Apr 2008 , 3:56pm
post #5 of 7

how long could I keep themin the freezor. I want to make alot of different cupcake and when the time come I could take some out and icing for bride to taste.

vww104 Posted 9 Apr 2008 , 6:25pm
post #6 of 7

I put my cupcakes into an old 12 cup cupcake pan cover with wax paper and then slide into a 2 gallon ziploc bag. I also cut cardboard into a size that will fit into a 2 gallon ziploc, I place the cupcakes on top, cover with wax paper and slide into the bag. I have kept them in the freezer for a couple of months like this and I've had no problems at all.

cerobs Posted 9 Apr 2008 , 7:01pm
post #7 of 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by vww104

I put my cupcakes into an old 12 cup cupcake pan cover with wax paper and then slide into a 2 gallon ziploc bag. I also cut cardboard into a size that will fit into a 2 gallon ziploc, I place the cupcakes on top, cover with wax paper and slide into the bag. I have kept them in the freezer for a couple of months like this and I've had no problems at all.

will they be fresh

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%