Kate714 Posted 10 Jan 2007 , 1:10am
post #1 of

I have a friend who wants cupcakes with cars on them. It doesn't have to be exactly like "Cars", the movie, although the birthday boy likes the movie. She mentioned something about doing a road and/or a stand-up checkered flag too!! I was thinking I could just find a mini car cutter and do flat cars out of fondant, but my two favor cutter websites don't have mini car cutters!!

I tried steering her toward a cupcake cake, but she really wants individual cupcakes. Grrr...

HELP!!

12 replies
Kate714 Posted 10 Jan 2007 , 1:42am
post #2 of

Would it look dumb if I did chocolate candy molds of cars on top of the cupcakes? I found some molds that look kind of like matchbox cars. I just don't know what else to do!!

curiegas Posted 10 Jan 2007 , 5:22am
post #3 of

They sell little cars and car candies in Michaels in the Wilton aisle. You can try those for an easy alternative.

Or you could make small 3-D fondant cars. Or maybe try using icing plaques for the flags.

Cecilia

Kate714 Posted 10 Jan 2007 , 1:41pm
post #4 of

thank you...I didn't know about the Wilton car stuff. The 3D cars is a little more work than I would like! But thanks for your suggestions! anyone else??

joanie55 Posted 10 Jan 2007 , 1:53pm
post #5 of

If there aren't too many guest maybe you could get some cheap little cars from a dollar store and let each guest keep the car that is on their cupcake.

jocekinns Posted 10 Jan 2007 , 1:58pm
post #6 of

I get to make car cupcakes this weekend for a baby shower. The theme was "Boys and Toys"...with planes, trains, and cars. I have a set of 24 matchbox cars that I got at Tuesday Morning for $5 that I'll use to top some of the cupcakes, then I thought about baking some cupcakes without the liner, flipping them upside down, frosting with fondant (quick-pour, maybe), and adding little oreos for wheels, m&ms for lights, and either fondant or fruit roll-ups for windows. The latter is probably more time consuming than you'd like, though. Just thought I'd share with you what I was planning...

Jocelyn icon_biggrin.gif

hlaw97 Posted 10 Jan 2007 , 2:10pm
post #7 of

I did some of these for a little boy and he loved theme!! As did i , i use them on ALL my advertisements

I made the cupcakes with "Grass" and put the candy cars from Wilton in them!!

KHalstead Posted 10 Jan 2007 , 2:32pm
post #8 of

I made these......if she's looking for a road you could do this......it's super easy and these cars are just some chocolate nascar cars I found at the grocery store. I just used the large icer tip and flipped it over so the smooth side was up to pipe the black on and the green is just the grass/fur tip.....super easy!
LL

Kate714 Posted 10 Jan 2007 , 4:09pm
post #9 of

I love both of those pictures!! Do you mind if I suggest the idea to this woman?? The pic with the little boy: those are the Wilton cars?? I guess I have to get to Michael's to check them out!

thanks!

Kate714 Posted 11 Jan 2007 , 3:39am

KHalstead, she likes your race track idea, and so do I...it looks super easy! Thanks so much for the suggestion. I think she's just going to get some matchbox cars for it, but I will keep an eye out for something edible too. thanks again.

makincakeintx Posted 11 Jan 2007 , 4:49am

Oh my gosh both are so cute. I did a cars cake for my grandson. I have yet to try a CC. I guess I am too chicken!!!! Good luck with yours. I am sure you will do fine. Don't forget to post some pics.

Mel,

kaychristensen Posted 11 Jan 2007 , 5:15am

I totally love the race track cupcakes. I guess I could make those for our house for the Daytona(first race of the season) coming up in Febr. My family would totally love em.

divaessence Posted 31 Oct 2012 , 2:29pm

Great work, everyone!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%