Fiesta Theme Cake????!!

Decorating By heycupcake Updated 10 Apr 2008 , 5:23pm by laurynrn

heycupcake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
heycupcake Posted 8 Apr 2008 , 6:07pm
post #1 of 19

I have a request for a fiesta theme cake for a 75th bday---about 60-65 people---she thinks she wants a sheet cake..Im trying to convince her that it wont be really "formal" enough...
Anyone have any ideas for me to use to convince her...or is she right?

18 replies
Amia Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Amia Posted 8 Apr 2008 , 6:51pm
post #2 of 19

I would suggest to her that with a tiered cake you could incorporate more of the fiesta theme. Fiesta = Christmas here in good ol San Antonio, and some of the popular fiesta things are the tissue or paper flowers. If you suggest that you can arrange flowers around each tier to look like the floral paper wreaths everyone wears on their head, she might like that idea and change her mind. Those things are very popular, my Wal-mart has a whole shelf of just those. You could also suggest that each tier could be a different color.

These are the flowers I'm referring to:

Amia Posted 8 Apr 2008 , 6:54pm
post #3 of 19

I just thought of something else, you could suggest making a fondant sarape that could drape down the tiers. Can't do that with a sheet cake icon_smile.gif Of course, I am assuming this person is all gung-ho fiesta like everyone here in SA. icon_smile.gif

heycupcake Posted 8 Apr 2008 , 7:37pm
post #4 of 19

she is! hahaha

thanks for the ideas! I really like the idea of the flowers! and the only way to incorporate that is a stacked cake!

thank you ! thank you! thumbs_up.gif

Candes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Candes Posted 8 Apr 2008 , 9:59pm
post #5 of 19

How cool. I'm from SA too. I'm in charge of making my mother's birthday cake and the theme is Fiesta as well.

Don't forget pinata's!

Amia Posted 8 Apr 2008 , 11:46pm
post #6 of 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by Candes

How cool. I'm from SA too.

I'm sorry icon_sad.gif

icon_lol.gificon_lol.gif

Do you have a bakery here?

Texas_Rose Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Texas_Rose Posted 9 Apr 2008 , 5:46am
post #7 of 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by amia1024

Quote:
Originally Posted by Candes

How cool. I'm from SA too.

I'm sorry icon_sad.gif

icon_lol.gificon_lol.gif

Do you have a bakery here?

I'm in San Antonio too. I don't have a bakery and I'm not selling cakes from home icon_biggrin.gif just baking for the sheer joy of it.

I was thinking it would be fun to start a combination cake decorating group/playgroup (basically the moms do cake stuff while the kids play together) if anyone was interested. I'm on the north side at 281 and Bitters.

Candes Posted 9 Apr 2008 , 2:00pm
post #8 of 19

No, I don't have a bakery.

I'm in the opposite direction. I'm like in the pocket of I35 N and 1604. The powers that be added a new party called Fiesta de los Ninos which I'm pretty excited about. It's just for the kiddos (no alcohol) and it's free.

It'd be fun to start a group. I work full time and do this on the side for friends and family.

Amia Posted 9 Apr 2008 , 4:02pm
post #9 of 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by Texas_Rose

I'm in San Antonio too. I don't have a bakery and I'm not selling cakes from home icon_biggrin.gif just baking for the sheer joy of it.

I was thinking it would be fun to start a combination cake decorating group/playgroup (basically the moms do cake stuff while the kids play together) if anyone was interested. I'm on the north side at 281 and Bitters.

I live just up the road from you in Stone Oak. A group would be awesome. I hardly EVER get out of the house. I can't really go anywhere with a 2 yr old and a 2 mo. old. I also do cakes for my family and friends, though I have so many other people contacting me about wedding cakes and stuff. It's overwhelming, especially since I can't legally do it and I kinda want to. icon_lol.gif Well if you want to start a group, you should start a thread for fellow SA'ers and see who might be interested. Then we can exchange info and decide what we want to do icon_smile.gif

ccr03 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ccr03 Posted 9 Apr 2008 , 8:04pm
post #10 of 19

Sheet cakes can be fun and awesome - it's just a matter of knowing how to do it.

Suggest the tiered cake but here's a small sheet cake not too long ago. I did in less than a day's notice, but you could do something similar (and better).

(Oh, and I haven't posted it, but I got the idea from here.)
LL

heycupcake Posted 9 Apr 2008 , 8:07pm
post #11 of 19

that is actually really nice! Thanks!

ccr03 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ccr03 Posted 9 Apr 2008 , 8:30pm
post #12 of 19

And if I had to do this over, I would definitely make the sarape brighter colors, a nicer looking hat, maybe a red or bright base color.

AND if you are doing a long sheet cake you could even add a 'spilled' margarita glass.

heycupcake Posted 9 Apr 2008 , 8:56pm
post #13 of 19

hahaha! I LOVE the margarita glass idea!

4starcakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
4starcakes Posted 10 Apr 2008 , 5:35am
post #14 of 19

Here is a fiesta theme cake I did that maybe can be done bigger.
LL

aztomcat Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
aztomcat Posted 10 Apr 2008 , 6:08am
post #15 of 19

I live in Tucson, AZ and the cake below has all the items you'd need for a great fiesta.

I really like this one by grammasue

http://www.cakecentral.com/modules.php?name=gallery&file=displayimage&pid=37368

Candes Posted 10 Apr 2008 , 2:30pm
post #16 of 19

Cactus and chili peppers are a great idea too!

heycupcake Posted 10 Apr 2008 , 4:40pm
post #17 of 19

alright! so...she has decided on more of an adobe house type cake..i think i saw one on here once....i dont remember who did it...

hmmmm...

Thanks for all the input !!!!

laurynrn Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
laurynrn Posted 10 Apr 2008 , 5:22pm
post #18 of 19

I did one for a bridal shower that had a Mexican theme.....I never thought I could get the two themes to work out!
LL

laurynrn Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
laurynrn Posted 10 Apr 2008 , 5:23pm
post #19 of 19

Oh, sorry I didn't realize you had an idea already, good luck!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%