Girls Dinner Cake Ideas?

Decorating By pjaycakes Updated 12 Apr 2008 , 9:49pm by DebraJ

pjaycakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pjaycakes Posted 8 Apr 2008 , 12:50pm
post #1 of 3

I am making a cake for a dinner get together that about 6 of us "girls" are having. Twenty years ago we all worked in the same office. We all still work at the same company, but no longer in the same office. We keep in touch, but nothing formal. We are going to meet for kind of like a catch up type of dinner. I would like to decorate a cake for this occasion; however, I am clueless.

It has to be a small 6" cake. We really have nothing in common except that we worked together 20 years ago and are all "twenty years older" and have grown children and some of us have grandchildren.

I was thinking of an edible image of a Maxine cartoon on getting old or just a 20 year cake. I don't know. Maybe one of you can give me a spark of creativity.

Thanks

2 replies
ac2steachk Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ac2steachk Posted 9 Apr 2008 , 12:40pm
post #2 of 3

If it's just for fun, you should do a design or technique you have been wanting to try for a while.

You could also do a bouquet of spring flowers or you could do a design of fondant shape cutouts.

DebraJ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
DebraJ Posted 12 Apr 2008 , 9:49pm
post #3 of 3

I thought of an idea you could use -- take your 6" cake and make a small circle disk for the center -- ruffle the edge so that it stands out. You can put "20 Years" on that. Then divide the outer circle edge into six sections -- you can use a fancy separator in either buttercream or fondant. Then in each section you can write the person's name and use medium size hearts in a different color to decorate their section -- one for each child they have. You can then use smaller hearts in another color to further decorate it -- one for each grandchild that they have. It'll be a cake that you guys will all enjoy.

Debra

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%