Making The Right Leaf

Decorating By nancylynwallace Updated 8 Apr 2008 , 12:45pm by nancylynwallace

nancylynwallace Posted 8 Apr 2008 , 11:43am
post #1 of 5

I am still learning...so don't laugh at me. I can't find the right leaf tip. I like the way #352 makes leaves, but they seem too small. Is there a tip that makes larger leaves? I am really good at making roses, but the leaves for them just don't look realistic to me. If you have any suggestions for another type of tip, I would really appreciate your help.

Thank you!
icon_lol.gif
Nancy

4 replies
peg818 Posted 8 Apr 2008 , 11:48am
post #2 of 5

there is a bigger tip that is cut the same way, i just don't know the number off hand.

You can make bigger leaves with the 352, just use more pressure and pipe it bigger.

Petit-four Posted 8 Apr 2008 , 11:52am
post #3 of 5

Tip #366 makes very large leaves (used in sunflower cake in my photos). Again, these too can be made larger or smaller with pressure.

kakeladi Posted 8 Apr 2008 , 12:05pm
post #4 of 5

For rose leaves to be more real looking take a toothpick or hat pin and knick the edges. Wipe the pin after each knick. Work from the bottom of the leave up to the top so you are at an angle pointing up. It just takes the tinyest knick to make a vast improvement on those leaves.
Also what the others said - use harder pressure when you pipe. Thin your icing just a bit by adding some piping gel.

nancylynwallace Posted 8 Apr 2008 , 12:45pm
post #5 of 5

Thank you all so much!! That is why I love this website...people like you helping a "rookie" like me. I just hope that one day, I will be as good as you all are and can help others the way you do!!

icon_biggrin.gif
Nancy

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%