Scrapbooking

Lounge By Sparklycake Updated 9 Apr 2008 , 10:03am by Sparklycake

Sparklycake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Sparklycake Posted 8 Apr 2008 , 10:59am
post #1 of 3

Hi everyone,

Whilst on Holidays in America and dazzled by the array of crafty stuff in Michaels, I gained a bit of an interest in Scrapbooking. Thing is its not till now I have the time on my hands to actually try and do something about it and I've discovered I don't even really know where to start.

My daughter plays a lot of music and now as a teenager due to a couple of different musical groups she's been accepted into she is getting some great opportunities to travel. At 13 though I don't think she really realises that someday she'll wish she kept some more momento's of her trips so I'd like to start now and do up a scrapbook of places she's heading off to with the Orchestra or Traditional Group and details of competitions, performances that they've played at.

I get the general idea of scrapbooking, but I know nothing of albums what type glues to use any of those things, craft shops are thin on the ground here so most things I need to buy from the internet, but I need to know what to buy first to keep postage costs etc. down.

First things first though can anyone tell me about a good website that will tell me how to get started and what materials I'll need, etc.

2 replies
tracycakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tracycakes Posted 8 Apr 2008 , 2:37pm
post #2 of 3

I scrapbook but I'm not an expert and very slow. It's take me forever to create a page. As far as your materials, you definitely want to get archival quality. If you were in the scrapbooking section at Michael's, everything there is archival. As far as glue, I prefer the kind of can roll along and I use the permanent. They have temporary that you can restick but I find it doesn't hold well and just makes a mess.

I don't really go to many websites for scrapbooking because I get overwhelmed. You can try Michaels.com or scrapbook.com. Just google "scrapbooking" and a ton of sites come up.

It's alot of fun but it can be expensive too. I hope you have a lot of fun and create wonderful memories for your daughter!

Sparklycake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Sparklycake Posted 9 Apr 2008 , 10:03am
post #3 of 3

thanks Tracy

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%