Kopykake Airbrush System??

Decorating By suzted7 Updated 8 Apr 2008 , 5:21pm by bambuf

suzted7 Posted 8 Apr 2008 , 3:12am
post #1 of 8

Hello everyone! I'm thinking of buying this. My question is: Do I HAVE to buy this brand to get the best results or can I buy the other name brand ones that aren't necessarily for cake decorating? There are a few on EBAY that are regularly for cars or other hobbies, but they also list them as being used for cake decorating! Please, someone help me on this! I have a cake coming up in 2 weeks that I would need an airbrush for and I don't want to spend more than I need to or end up getting an airbrush that just isn't up to par! Thanks!

7 replies
suzted7 Posted 8 Apr 2008 , 12:59pm
post #2 of 8

Anyone have an opinion on this???? Anyone??? icon_cry.gif

bambuf Posted 8 Apr 2008 , 1:15pm
post #3 of 8

I can't speak for other airbrush brands, but I can tell you that an investment in a Kopykake airbrush is worth it. I love mine and it works so well. I do think, though, that most airbrushes are built the same...but where you get the most bang for your buck is in the compressor unit. An airbrush is only as good as the compressor unit! You might just keep that in mind when shopping! HTH!

Kiddiekakes Posted 8 Apr 2008 , 1:17pm
post #4 of 8

I too have the Kopykake Airmaster and I love it!!! I guess it just depends on how much you want to spend and how much you will use it.I use mine for nearly every cake!!

tiggy2 Posted 8 Apr 2008 , 4:52pm
post #5 of 8

I don't have the kopykake system, I have the aztek that Roland Winbeckler uses. I bought it at ICES last year and I dearly love it. I just finished a airbursh class where everyone had the kopykake system except me and everyone's projects had little spatters (don't know what else to call them) except mine. So IMO all airbrushes are not the same. The aztek brush can be purchased cheaper on other web sites if you search for it. Get the model off Roland's site and go from there. This is just my opinion and what I witnessed in the class I took. My friend has a kopykake system and she purchased the aztek airbrush to use with the kopykake compressor because she didn't like the results of the kopykake airbrush.

tiggy2 Posted 8 Apr 2008 , 4:54pm
post #6 of 8

I forgot to mention there is no needle to bend or replace with the aztek and cleaning is a breeze. I also have several of the little cups so it makes changing colors very easy.

suzted7 Posted 8 Apr 2008 , 5:08pm
post #7 of 8

Thanks everyone for the help!

bambuf Posted 8 Apr 2008 , 5:21pm
post #8 of 8

great info, tiggy! Thanks!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%