Any Ideas For A German Cake?

Decorating By aprilcake Updated 8 Apr 2008 , 2:30pm by XoGuitarChefoX

aprilcake Posted 8 Apr 2008 , 1:33am
post #1 of 4

my grandma's birthday is coming up within a week or so and mom is wanting me to make a cake for her! I want to make it special...she has been through a lot in her life and I want to cheer her up! She is full blooded german, born and raised there but when she met my grandma (a soldier in WWII) she came back over with him. I was wondering what kind of cake I should do for her, do you know if german cake shops design cakes like us or if they have different designs and shapes? if you have any ideas for this cake...PLEASE HELP!! Pics would be nice too!

Thanks,
April :0)

3 replies
mgigglin Posted 8 Apr 2008 , 6:33am
post #2 of 4

So I had some time while I am here at work and did a search for traditional German desserts. It looks like there are lots of strudels, linzer tortes, things like that. And of course German choc cake is not from Germany, that is named after an employee at Bakers Chocolate. but I did see traditional german choc cake, some had stout some had giner like a molasssess cake or something. myrecipes.com had some good stuff, too.

HTH,

Kim

aprilcake Posted 8 Apr 2008 , 1:30pm
post #3 of 4

thank you...i am just trying to figure out what decorations I should do on it...hopefully I will come up with something! :0)

XoGuitarChefoX Posted 8 Apr 2008 , 2:30pm
post #4 of 4

ooh im in german class at my school and maybe you should write german words on the side or write happy birthday in german and incorparate the german flag colors in the cake!

nat

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%