Does Anyone Here Offer Pies On Their Menu?

Business By thedessertdiva Updated 9 Apr 2008 , 5:20am by cupcake

thedessertdiva Posted 8 Apr 2008 , 1:14am
post #1 of 9

If so, how do you go about pricing them? Do pies follow a serving rule? My pies are 10" and I hand make all my crust. if I go by my graph/pricing chart, a fruit pie will run about $18.00. You think this is ok?

Just looking for insight, thats all.

8 replies
izzybee Posted 8 Apr 2008 , 1:25am
post #2 of 9

I do offer pies. Mine are 9", all homemade. I figure out the cost and multiply by 3.5. I would cost each one individually.

thedessertdiva Posted 8 Apr 2008 , 1:29am
post #3 of 9

Thanks for the insight. I think I am pretty good with my prices, then.

Another question...for custard pies, do you find it easier to use a decorating bag and large tip for the whipping cream border, or do you use a whip cream charger/dispenser? I am looking into purchasing one of these and I wonder if it is worth my money or not.

izzybee Posted 8 Apr 2008 , 2:12am
post #4 of 9

I use bags only.

melodyscakes Posted 8 Apr 2008 , 2:38am
post #5 of 9

I offer pies too! mine are the old fashioned kind grandma used to make....unfortunately, now one knows that I offer them. I need to get th word out...but your prices are right on....thats what I charge.

KoryAK Posted 8 Apr 2008 , 3:20am
post #6 of 9

The charger model is good if you need a little cream all day long (like coffee stand) but for a pie, I would whip and pipe. It'll hold up better too.

Penny7271 Posted 8 Apr 2008 , 3:46am
post #7 of 9

A little off topic but still about pies...

Do you refrigerate your blueberry pies after they are cut or not?

I ask since I wanted to make the pie cupcakes in the Wilton cupcake book. I can use either homemade or canned blueberry pie filling for the tops, but they will not be refrigerated.

Thanks for your help!

izzybee Posted 8 Apr 2008 , 12:50pm
post #8 of 9

If you are not going to eat the pie within two days of cutting, definitely refrigerate because they get moldy pretty quick.

cupcake Posted 9 Apr 2008 , 5:20am
post #9 of 9

I use a 24" pastry bag for putting cream on pies.

Quote by @%username% on %date%