Can Anyone Tell Me What The Different Icings Taste Like?

Baking By CakeDiva73 Updated 8 Apr 2008 , 11:48am by GeminiRJ

CakeDiva73 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CakeDiva73 Posted 7 Apr 2008 , 6:49pm
post #1 of 3

I was using the NFSC recipe with MMF and melted colored chocolates for details but keeping the chocolate melted, although it tastes good, is an unholy pain in the butt. And not everyone likes the MMF texture so I was thinking about going to a different icing for the base color and details but didn't want something rock hard.

I have seen Alice's icing and Antonia74 and wondered what the mouth-feel difference is between the two? I also watched a video where they used a spoon to cover each cookie in solid colors and then let them 'harden' before adding accents...which is best using this method? Forgive me for being honest, but I am lazy so doing the outline and fill method seems daunting. thanks!

2 replies
smab109 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
smab109 Posted 8 Apr 2008 , 1:28am
post #2 of 3

I use Toba's glace mostly. I love the sheen/shine it gives the cookies. I add more powdered sugar so it doesnt spread off the cookie and I dont have to do the outlining method. I use metal baby spoons...not as big as regular spoon, more controllable. For detail work I use Alice's cookie glace. Hope this helps some!

GeminiRJ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
GeminiRJ Posted 8 Apr 2008 , 11:48am
post #3 of 3

I also use a slightly modified version of Toba's. You just need to play with the consistency a bit, and adding more powdered sugar will give you an icing you can outline with or add details. You can also dip the top of the cookie into the icing, pull up, place on a rack, and it'll spread to a smooth finish. (It won't be perfect precise, but not bad!) Its taste also compliments the NFSC very well.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%