What Are They For?

Decorating By summernoelle Updated 8 Apr 2008 , 1:37am by lovetofrost

summernoelle Posted 7 Apr 2008 , 6:10pm
post #1 of 4

Wooden shims have been mentioned recently in a couple of different posts. What are they for? How do you use them?

3 replies
beachcakes Posted 8 Apr 2008 , 1:18am
post #2 of 4

Shims are thin pieces of wood used in building construction. I keep a few in my bag to put under wobbly cake tables.

CarolAnn Posted 8 Apr 2008 , 1:33am
post #3 of 4

Shims are thin wedges of wood. Yep, they come in real handy!

lovetofrost Posted 8 Apr 2008 , 1:37am
post #4 of 4

My husband uses them a lot in his carpentry business. I know you can get the very thin sheets of wood at home depot or at michael's. Home depot is a bigger piece.

Quote by @%username% on %date%