Agbay!

Decorating By authress Updated 10 Apr 2008 , 9:26am by peg818

authress Posted 7 Apr 2008 , 4:18pm
post #1 of 23

Who got an agbay for her 30th birthday? I DID! I DID!
Who has the awesomest spouse and MIL in the world? I DO! I DO!
Who's finally going to have layers that are even and level and beautiful? I WILL! I WILL!

Sorry to be such an A.W., but WOOHOO! Thanks to all who raved about it and made me dream icon_biggrin.gif

And now back to your regularly-scheduled cake tips and advice... icon_wink.gif

22 replies
Shelly4481 Posted 7 Apr 2008 , 4:34pm
post #2 of 23

Oh.... so funny!!! Congratulations!!!

Arriva Posted 7 Apr 2008 , 4:43pm
post #3 of 23

Looked at the agbay website- WOW. Congratulations.

AJsGirl Posted 7 Apr 2008 , 5:39pm
post #4 of 23

Congratulations! icon_biggrin.gifparty.gifprincess.gif

I want one! icon_cry.gificon_cry.gificon_cry.gificon_cry.gif

pjaycakes Posted 7 Apr 2008 , 5:49pm
post #5 of 23

Way to go!! I am so green with envy.

pjaycakes Posted 7 Apr 2008 , 5:52pm
post #6 of 23

Forgot the little smiley guy icon_razz.gif

leah_s Posted 7 Apr 2008 , 5:59pm
post #7 of 23

Agbay = THE.BEST.EVER!

sassycleo Posted 7 Apr 2008 , 6:20pm
post #8 of 23

Ok haven't been to the website (anyone want to send me a link??) But I'm sure if it took it to be a present from Wonderful Hubby and MIL then it most likely is out of my price range........

Congrats you deserve it!

(goes back to over filling pans to get them to rise above the pan to use as a guideline to cut. Can't even attempt cutting with the leveler by itself)

pjaycakes Posted 7 Apr 2008 , 6:26pm
post #9 of 23
sassycleo Posted 8 Apr 2008 , 1:59am
post #10 of 23

Ok so I see the original and the deluxe.

Is the deluxe worth it or will the original do the job? Leahs, which one do you have and what's your opinion on this?

lovetofrost Posted 8 Apr 2008 , 2:15am
post #11 of 23

I have never heard of this. I went to the link...woooah that is pricey. Your DH and MIL must really, really love you. congratulations. it looks like a great tool.

carmenid Posted 8 Apr 2008 , 2:19am
post #12 of 23

What is an Agbay?

hhcakes Posted 8 Apr 2008 , 2:36am
post #13 of 23

Believe me...it's worth every penny!!! Well...make that "dollar"! Love mine.

sgilmer Posted 8 Apr 2008 , 11:40am
post #14 of 23

Who is jealous? I AM! I AM!

peg818 Posted 8 Apr 2008 , 11:44am
post #15 of 23

I have the original one blade model. It does the job nicely. If i did more cakes then i do, i would have gone with the deluxe but just couldn't justify the extra $$.

It is a fabulous tool and worth every penny to make your life that much easier

carmenid Posted 8 Apr 2008 , 1:21pm
post #16 of 23

oh wow...just looked it up online...I want one too!!

vdrsolo Posted 8 Apr 2008 , 1:32pm
post #17 of 23

I LOVE my AGBAY, I used it hot off the delivery truck, literally...for a wedding I was doing that weekend.

Yes, the price is high, but totally worth it. I torte all my wedding cakes and I have the regular version, it only takes a few seconds to make the adjustment so I really couldn't justify the deluxe version for me.

I had Wilton levelers for years, they are fine for sheet cakes but I personally think they are junk for when you need precise even layers.

CarolAnn Posted 8 Apr 2008 , 1:51pm
post #18 of 23

I just watched the demo on the site and I was just amazed!! She threw away the top!!!! That's a crime at my house, just ask my dh! LOL

An agbay would be great to have but it's over my head price wise, unless I start doing a lot of cakes. I can see where it'd about be a must for those with a busy cake business.

I hope I never get so busy that I throw away the tops! Ã

vdrsolo Posted 8 Apr 2008 , 3:29pm
post #19 of 23

My husband would hate it if I threw them away!!

Maybe her trash can is secretly labeled "Family Scraps"!

When I do wedding cakes I have alot of cake scraps, I personally don't like cake balls and don't want to take the time to make them, so I just take the scraps, cut them up, press them into a pan, pour a complimentary type of instant pudding over them, then cover with cool whip. I send this to work with hubby, and it's unbelievable how his coworkers love this....

Sugar_Plum_Fairy Posted 8 Apr 2008 , 3:50pm
post #20 of 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by sgilmer

Who is jealous? I AM! I AM!

icon_lol.gif and ditto.

snowshoe1 Posted 8 Apr 2008 , 4:53pm
post #21 of 23

The Agbay is priceless once you have it. When I ordered mine I spoke to the woman who sells them and what great customer service - apparently her husband is an engineer and made this thing. It is rock solid. I even used it to cut some foam dummies to size (shhh - don't tell Mrs Agbay) - worked like a charm and had no little styrofoam pieces floating around the kitchen for days!

authress Posted 9 Apr 2008 , 1:13pm
post #22 of 23

Thank you for the kind words and congrats--I knew my CC buddies would "get" it! I am a very lucky girl.

(What's funny is that I jokingly asked for one for Christmas, but considered them too pricey for me right now. Spouse was going to make me a "pretend" version, but hadn't gotten around to it yet. I was doing a cake a couple of weeks before my birthday and she says to me, "We really need to work on getting your cakes level." I replied, "I KNOW! When are you going to make me a leveler?" icon_biggrin.gif )

peg818 Posted 10 Apr 2008 , 9:26am
post #23 of 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by snowshoe1

The Agbay is priceless once you have it. When I ordered mine I spoke to the woman who sells them and what great customer service - apparently her husband is an engineer and made this thing. It is rock solid. I even used it to cut some foam dummies to size (shhh - don't tell Mrs Agbay) - worked like a charm and had no little styrofoam pieces floating around the kitchen for days!

Don't they make a blade for stryo foam?

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%