Making Mmf

Decorating By roxanne316 Updated 7 Apr 2008 , 6:00pm by AJsGirl

roxanne316 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
roxanne316 Posted 7 Apr 2008 , 4:11pm
post #1 of 4

I was wondering if any one has made there own MMF in a Kitchen Aid Mixer ?
If so could u give me directions???

3 replies
snowshoe1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
snowshoe1 Posted 7 Apr 2008 , 4:43pm
post #2 of 4

This recipe starts by using the stand mixer:

http://www.cakecentral.com/cake_recipe-2266-0-Alternative-Marshmallow-Fondant-Recipe.html

I've used it; works fine and is not as messy. I put shortening on all the utensils which will touch it (the bowl, spatula, paddle, etc..)

moxey2000 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
moxey2000 Posted 7 Apr 2008 , 4:51pm
post #3 of 4

I just made my 2nd batch of MMF. The first time I followed some directions on here and I had the biggest mess. This time I just used a big glass bowl, rubbed it with Crisco, melted the marshmellows with the water in the microwave, stirred in the flavorings, then stirred in half the powdered sugar. Then I greased my hands and dumped in the rest of the sugar and kneaded it in. No mess and turned out perfect. I'm very excited to have learned a quick and easy way to do this and it taste great. I won't be buying any premade fondant anymore, MMF is just to easy and yummy!

Also, the first time I made this I used powdered sugar to roll it out with and it was such a mess. This time I used cornstarch and it was so easy and turned out perfect. The cornstarch makes everything smooth and it doesn't stick at all. When I was finished I used a soft pastry brush to remove the excess cornstarch. Turned out perfect.

AJsGirl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
AJsGirl Posted 7 Apr 2008 , 6:00pm
post #4 of 4

I melt my marshamallows and water in the micro, add my flavorings/color, and pour it in my KA with half the powdered sugar and the dough hook attachment. After that is mostly blended, I add the other half of the PS one cup at a time until blended. I almost never have to do any additional kneading by hand this way.

Oh, and I do coat my bowls/utensils in crisco.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%