American Bakery Expo, Atlantic City...who's Going?

Business By ShopGrl1128 Updated 19 Oct 2008 , 8:35pm by glasscupcake

kettlevalleygirl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kettlevalleygirl Posted 18 Oct 2008 , 11:44pm
post #91 of 101

ok, i mixed up the order
LL

loriemoms Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
loriemoms Posted 19 Oct 2008 , 1:12am
post #92 of 101

that was a cool demo of that rose flower cake, wasnt it? Do you think you will ever make it?

I didnt take many photos...the funniest one was there was a vendor that had my DH's name exactly..first and last name. So I took a picture of them together with thier matching name tags..and some others. I will post them as well.

loriemoms Posted 19 Oct 2008 , 1:21am
post #93 of 101

Here are my photos..Hope you can all view them!
LL

loriemoms Posted 19 Oct 2008 , 1:25am
post #94 of 101

Here are my photos..Hope you can all view them!
LL
LL
LL
LL
LL
LL
LL
LL
LL

kettlevalleygirl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kettlevalleygirl Posted 19 Oct 2008 , 4:46am
post #95 of 101

loriemoms - in your photo of Colette is Ady's BF Paul!!!
What was the petal cutter that he used for the rose cake, I loved it. We must have been near each other, but I didn't see anybody, did you have a ribbon??

loriemoms Posted 19 Oct 2008 , 11:40am
post #96 of 101

Yes, I had a ribbon tied to my purse....I guess I should have put it in my hair or something! hahaha!! I think the rose cutter he used was a single rose cutter...what I found interesting was how he curved the edges with alittle skewer. Very different. And I love his idea of using the plastic platements and taping the sheet protectors on them to make holders for your cut out petals to keep tthem moist! Sure is cheap! I loved the guy that helped him out...he was funny! I dont remember his name..

Who is Ady's BF Paul?

ShopGrl1128 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ShopGrl1128 Posted 19 Oct 2008 , 5:00pm
post #97 of 101
Quote:
Originally Posted by kettlevalleygirl

What was the petal cutter that he used for the rose cake, I loved it. We must have been near each other, but I didn't see anybody, did you have a ribbon??

Hi Lorene!!!
Yes, that guy with the red shirt is my boyfriend Paul, hahaha...
I told him last night he's famous now because he's in CC.

Loriemoms: I guess we were standing next to each other!

quilting2011 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
quilting2011 Posted 19 Oct 2008 , 5:06pm
post #98 of 101

Lorie and Kettle-

Thanks for sharing your pictures. I do not have a bakery business (My day job is an accountant) I'd like to attend the baker-Do they check for business license that you work in a bakery?

I'd love to attend the American Bakery expo in Vegas.

Again Thanks for sharing.
[/u]

loriemoms Posted 19 Oct 2008 , 7:23pm
post #99 of 101
Quote:
Originally Posted by CakeGrlPA

Quote:
Originally Posted by kettlevalleygirl

Hi Lorene!!!
Yes, that guy with the red shirt is my boyfriend Paul, hahaha...
I told him last night he's famous now because he's in CC.

Loriemoms: I guess we were standing next to each other!

That is really funny! I watched Collette do cakes both days...very no nonsense fun lady! One of these days I would love to take one of her classes. I guess we were so involved in watching, and asking questions, nobody looked around to see who else was there! haha!

loriemoms Posted 19 Oct 2008 , 7:32pm
post #100 of 101

I dont know if they ask for licensing and such...they asked the name of my bakery and what my function was when I ordered the badges but I guess you can leave that part empty? There were people there who worked for culinary schools and such. Honestly, unless you just want to take classes, and watch the cake decorators, it really is geared towards professeionals looking to buy products. Most of the vendors there will not sell to a non professional, unless you count pfeil and holing.. All the free classes are business based as well.

glasscupcake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
glasscupcake Posted 19 Oct 2008 , 8:35pm
post #101 of 101

Thanks so much for the great pictures. It is a great chance to enjoy the event vicariously!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%